Limiting Hospital rotation spots is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxwaiting

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says. Been reading on sdn that this is the only key to stop for profit schools from opening. I see some advertise on sdn LOL. I hear schools now mail applications packets to PCAT takers?? Is this what is going on now??

Anyone in inpt/hospital input? Can we get a regional/national thing going with dop's?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. For profit schools are paying for sites, often at the expense of the established schools. In addition, the faculty at the for profit schools are young (the PhDs need H1 visa sponsor). They are not an old dinosaur with a high salary and generous benefits and pension who have not worked in a real pharmacy since metformin came on the market. So whatever changes the ACPE make, the for profit schools will be in a better position since they are better at managing cost.

Last edited:
We have relationships with established schools that are pretty deeply rooted, we haven't taken new school students because we're already so damn busy.

But aside from that, in terms of residency/employment/etc... we'll take the best candidate, sometimes that means a new school *gasp*

We use them as service extenders. You should see the Director's master plan. They want like 12 students a month. And we're like a ~400 bed hospital. Just put them to work. It's stupid. They also want to increase our resident spots from 2->4. This is the wave of the future. Indentured servitude. I actually feel bad for the students. Depending on their rotation it's mindless Coumadin counseling day after day, or patient welcoming or consults. Blah, blah, blah.