lincoln medical center gpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comatose

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone comment about this gpr program in NYC. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bump. i need to know if this is a good program so that i don't waste a year of my precious time. thanks

Hi there. I got a good feeling from that place but also in the same boat... seems like noone wants to reply to my posts as well... maybe the program is too small for people to know about...

would love to compare notes with you... have you chosen a program already? let me know if theres a good way to get in contact with you

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the director is a bitch...
and the residents aren't happy

a friend of mine did the gpr program there. it is a level 1 trauma center in the bronx. lots of hospital experience, there are 3 different ER rotations, during another rotation you go on rounds with medical residents. my friend lost lots of weight while on residency there. heard the program was on the verge of dismantling a few years ago, and that the director is new. so if it is hospital experience you want, you'll likely not be wasting your precious time - good luck to you!

The program is really strong, they have new faculty on board and the GPR director is very proactive. There is a lot of work to do but the salary is good, the on call is 3-4 times in a month, 3 weeks of vacation time + holidays are usually covered by the OMS residents..my friends are placing implants and restoring them. The residency coordinator has been there 2yrs and she works hard to make your life easier. NO VIDEO conferences, very hands on. And in all seriousness, it is only about 9 months of work..orientation, and graduations take up time but, you are certified in BLS, PALS, ACLS...I got to do a rotation there. I heard that on spot opened up from a friend..someone opted not to leave Georgia to go there..or something like that.

can anyone comment about this gpr program in NYC. thanks
Currently under new management, GPR director motivated and proactive. Lots of changes for the better. I have not met the person they are talking about she has long been gone. New admininstrative staff is very much about making you a better informed young dentist, they actually do hands on teaching, and a lot of implant work.

Residents are required to go home due to changes in the Bell commission, by 2 pm. Unless you are a dedicated OMS resident, most of the time you get to leave on time.

The wicked witch is not there anymore, and things are happier. Lots of work but happier, according to my friend.

It is a small program, they like it that way, it helps the faculty to keep focused on the residents and patient care. I did a rotation there, they are very helpful and the current GP director really wants us to do well with our choices. I called her a couple of times to inquire about other programs and specialities. Never once did she try to sell me on her program verse another. Ms. Brown is a sweetie too. 718-579-5592

Who is the new director?

Dr. Jeannine Weiss is the new director. Seems very enthusiastic about the program.

Setdoc7: when you said you knew a lot about the program, is it recent information?

Hi Harry...
is your fiance on this forum? I'd like to ask him some questions about the program. When I asked for a resident's contact info, they gave me to an OMS resident and not a GPR resident. I'd like to know how she's currently liking the program.

thanks!