Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure yet. I'm guessing a lot though

Members don't see this ad :)
Juse got to Tennessee♡
So anxious for tomorrow!

I'm putting my deposit in for LMU as soon as my letter comes for the same reason, so don't feel bad.

If they're following the VMCAS rules, which I hope they are this time because there was a crapstorm over this year, you have until April 15th to decide. You shouldn't feel like (and I only say shouldn't based on what I saw last year) have to put your deposit down anytime earlier than that or even notify them to hold your seat. This is how all other schools using VMCAS work and I hope LMU is honoring that this year.

If they're following the VMCAS rules, which I hope they are this time because there was a crapstorm over this year, you have until April 15th to decide. You shouldn't feel like (and I only say shouldn't based on what I saw last year) have to put your deposit down anytime earlier than that or even notify them to hold your seat. This is how all other schools using VMCAS work and I hope LMU is honoring that this year.
Thankfully they are I just received a letter today. I heard about last year and that's why I was worried. I'm not putting a deposit in early now.

Thankfully they are I just received a letter today. I heard about last year and that's why I was worried. I'm not putting a deposit in early now.

It wasn't even sending in the money that was the issue. It was sending in a written acceptance before April 15th, which is what held your spot. Those that didn't send a written acceptance before then, we're put on a wait list. Although, I honestly don't know what ended up being the official outcome of that whole situation. They might have honored all seats (which I hope was the outcome). I just hope there still isn't that kind of subtle pressure in the acceptance letter.

It wasn't even sending in the money that was the issue. It was sending in a written acceptance before April 15th, which is what held your spot. Those that didn't send a written acceptance before then, we're put on a wait list. Although, I honestly don't know what ended up being the official outcome of that whole situation. They might have honored all seats (which I hope was the outcome). I just hope there still isn't that kind of subtle pressure in the acceptance letter.
I states that according to regulations my seat will be held until April 15th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I drove to this one, it wasn't too bad of a drive! How long was your interview?

Got a Christmas card from LMU, which is funny considering it is the only correspondence I have recieved from them.
Maybe that is there way of letting me down easy!
Haha same here. Hopefully they're doing more interviews; I did turn my application in on the later side...

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today and it was great! I thought the admissions team was wonderful and the surrounding area was gorgeous. Good luck to all!

I had my interview today and it was great! I thought the admissions team was wonderful and the surrounding area was gorgeous. Good luck to all!
What sort of questions did they ask you? My interview is Monday and I am getting anxious

What sort of questions did they ask you? My interview is Monday and I am getting anxious

Pretty typical questions...What is the biggest problem facing veterinary medicine, how do you plan to pay for it, and some euthanasia ethics questions. It's more of a conversation between everyone then a question and answer session.

Pretty typical questions...how do you plan to pay for it...
Ugh, this question needs to go. I was asked this at my WSU interview and said something along the lines, "I've researched the debt-salary ratio thoroughly, compared tuitions across schools and have come up with a viable plan to pay for all four years." They didn't seem impressed and wanted to actually know how. Not sure what that tells you about a candidate, but more importantly, I'm pretty sure the question is illegal to ask in an interview. /rant

Ugh, this question needs to go. I was asked this at my WSU interview and said something along the lines, "I've researched the debt-salary ratio thoroughly, compared tuitions across schools and have come up with a viable plan to pay for all four years." They didn't seem impressed and wanted to actually know how. Not sure what that tells you about a candidate, but more importantly, I'm pretty sure the question is illegal to ask in an interview. /rant

The answer to that question is going to be the same for 99% of applicants... not sure what they are looking to get out of asking someone how they are paying for school...

Yeah it's funny. I was pretty explicit about how I am planning to pay for it and they appreciate that. I think they want to know if you are planning to take out loans, use inheritance, use parents, etc. At least then they know that you're being specific and actually know what you are going to do and have researched it.
Just being devil's advocate.

The answer to that question is going to be the same for 99% of applicants... not sure what they are looking to get out of asking someone how they are paying for school...
I think they just want to make sure people know what they're getting themselves into. Sadly, there are some people who turn a blind eye to the state of the profession, have this attitude of, "oh, everything will work itself out somehow!", and then get upset with the school for not warning them once they're up to their eyeballs in debt. Maybe that only applies to a small minority of people, maybe not. :shrug:

I think they just want to make sure people know what they're getting themselves into. Sadly, there are some people who turn a blind eye to the state of the profession, have this attitude of, "oh, everything will work itself out somehow!", and then get upset with the school for not warning them once they're up to their eyeballs in debt. Maybe that only applies to a small minority of people, maybe not. :shrug:

Trust me, I am well aware of the blind eye people have to the issue. However, stating something general such as, "I have reviewed the tuition costs of attending school as well as the average income for vets. I recognize that school is expensive and salaries for vets are not very high and have taken all of this into consideration and have developed a financial plan for vet school," Should be a good enough response. They should not need to know that you are going to be using money that you inherited from a relative or that your parents are footing the bill or that you are going to be using federal loans. All they should really need to know is that 1. you know the expense. 2. you know average salaries 3. you have a plan for how you are going to deal with it. They shouldn't need details. That is just my opinion.

Trust me, I am well aware of the blind eye people have to the issue. However, stating something general such as, "I have reviewed the tuition costs of attending school as well as the average income for vets. I recognize that school is expensive and salaries for vets are not very high and have taken all of this into consideration and have developed a financial plan for vet school," Should be a good enough response. They should not need to know that you are going to be using money that you inherited from a relative or that your parents are footing the bill or that you are going to be using federal loans. All they should really need to know is that 1. you know the expense. 2. you know average salaries 3. you have a plan for how you are going to deal with it. They shouldn't need details. That is just my opinion.
I see what you're saying. I guess I just don't consider saying "I plan on taking out loans/getting help from my parents/etc." to be "details." That quoted portion is a nice, concise answer to the question, but if you say "I have a plan" I think it's reasonable that they'd follow up wanting to know what that plan is. For example, if someone's plan is to work full-time during vet school, or live off their kindergarten teacher spouse's salary, or get a full-ride scholarship, that's not feasible.

I'm also fairly sure it's not legal. As long as you can pay them it's none of their business

I see what you're saying. I guess I just don't consider saying "I plan on taking out loans/getting help from my parents/etc." to be "details." That quoted portion is a nice, concise answer to the question, but if you say "I have a plan" I think it's reasonable that they'd follow up wanting to know what that plan is. For example, if someone's plan is to work full-time during vet school, or live off their kindergarten teacher spouse's salary, or get a full-ride scholarship, that's not feasible.

It's still none of their business how you are going to pay them. That would be like your vet asking you how you plan to pay for the bill. As long as the vet has shown you an estimate and you have agreed to the procedures and costs it really isn't their business how you are going to pay or where the money is coming from.

Has anyone else not heard anything at all?

I mean, I got a Holiday card, nothing else though! Haha

Eek, Interview tomorrow!!! So nervous yet so excited! Fyi guys it is gorgeous here.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite Friday (12/12/14)!!! So excited, my interview is Feb. 5th. Good luck, everyone!

I kinda thought I was out of the running as I have heard nothing from LMU until today when they sent a reminder about sending fall transcripts by Jan 31st. Not sure if this means I'm still in it, or if they just automatically sent this to all applicates.

I kinda thought I was out of the running as I have heard nothing from LMU until today when they sent a reminder about sending fall transcripts by Jan 31st. Not sure if this means I'm still in it, or if they just automatically sent this to all applicates.

I don't know much about this years invites but I didn't know about my interview until January. Don't give up hope yet!

I just had my interview last week and Genell actually said they had to hire someone to help her process the applications because there were more than expected. She also said they send the invites out as the review a file...so it may just have to do with where your application landed in the pile...you could always call in January when they get back from break!

Also is it next year already? I want to know where I stand now that the hard parts are done!

Has anybody received any calls from the last two interview dates yet?

When you say the last two interview dates do you mean the 11th and 15th of December?

I interviewed the 11th and was told not to expect any calls or communication until next year when they reopen after the new year!

When you say the last two interview dates do you mean the 11th and 15th of December?

I interviewed the 11th and was told not to expect any calls or communication until next year when they reopen after the new year!

Yes! Okay, thanks. I've been sitting by my phone since Tuesday in anticipation haha

I just got a phone call to congratulate me on being accepted into the class of 2019!!!!! :D

Now I am panicking, I had an interview the 15th also. I fell in love with the school while I was up there. UGH!!!!

Don't panic guys, some people hear sooner than others. Have some patience! :)

Oh no.. I feel like they didn't mean to ruin anything. Maybe they'll call more people tomorrow

:( I sure hope so...there were 28 people on the 11th. I don't know about your interview day. Would some of those accepted care to share theit stats?