Line numbers on the real MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the VR section, when they ask about a specific phrase and the put it in quotations marks, will they give you line numbers for the phrase?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember one way or the other, so I think there probably were line numbers for phrases.

Anyone else? I was taking 4r and the phrase was only 2 words long and I couldn't remember where in the passage it came from and I couldn't find it right away so I ended up getting it wrong. Easy question if I would have seen where the phrase was. That would be tough they don't have them on the real thing. Looking at it right now I just noticed that there are no line numbers for the VR passages on 4r at all, so there are no line numbers to quote.

I dont think they give numbers in parenthesis like EK or kaplan does on their practice materials. Anytime i see numbers in parenthesis on pratice passages i just cross them out and try to answer the question without referring to the line.