Link for Prematch Rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My understanding from reading SDN is that only independent candidates can prematch, while sponsored candidates (current allo students) cannot. Could any of you tell me where I could find a copy of these rules? When I looked through the NRMP match rules, I did see the definitions of independent versus sponsored candidates, as well as rules about having to drop the match if you prematch. But I did not see where it said that sponsored candidates may not prematch. Did I just miss it, or is this stated elsewhere? Would appreciate it if one of you could give me the link.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding from reading SDN is that only independent candidates can prematch, while sponsored candidates (current allo students) cannot. Could any of you tell me where I could find a copy of these rules? When I looked through the NRMP match rules, I did see the definitions of independent versus sponsored candidates, as well as rules about having to drop the match if you prematch. But I did not see where it said that sponsored candidates may not prematch. Did I just miss it, or is this stated elsewhere? Would appreciate it if one of you could give me the link.
All US seniors are considered sponsored and must go through the Match. Links here,here, here.