QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
My understanding from reading SDN is that only independent candidates can prematch, while sponsored candidates (current allo students) cannot. Could any of you tell me where I could find a copy of these rules? When I looked through the NRMP match rules, I did see the definitions of independent versus sponsored candidates, as well as rules about having to drop the match if you prematch. But I did not see where it said that sponsored candidates may not prematch. Did I just miss it, or is this stated elsewhere? Would appreciate it if one of you could give me the link.

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Somewhere in time and relative dimensions in space
Status
Medical Student
My understanding from reading SDN is that only independent candidates can prematch, while sponsored candidates (current allo students) cannot. Could any of you tell me where I could find a copy of these rules? When I looked through the NRMP match rules, I did see the definitions of independent versus sponsored candidates, as well as rules about having to drop the match if you prematch. But I did not see where it said that sponsored candidates may not prematch. Did I just miss it, or is this stated elsewhere? Would appreciate it if one of you could give me the link.
All US seniors are considered sponsored and must go through the Match. Links here,here, here.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member