Linked-In versus Instagram: Which is better for enhancing your reputation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which social media platform is better for enhancing MD reputation?

• Linked-In

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I vote C, none of the above.

The only thing that matters is word of mouth.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes..... pshhh linked-in? ...its all about the instagram / tik tok videos of you dancing and singing. Gotta get over 10k followers minimum to make it big. You may also want to start your own youtube vlog.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else seeing a lot of “doctor reacts to...” type videos on YouTube?

Maybe you could be the “pain doctor reacts to UDS being positive for absolutely everything tested, including a pregnancy test even though it’s a guy”.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Instagram is the most widely used social media site. Advertising yourself on IG is huge, especially with millennials.

My room mate from Med school is a plastic surgeon in Miami. Tiktok

Have your satisfied female patients post on their local town Facebook page. My male patients don’t provide feedback at all…

Any doctor bragging about their skills in a social media account is immediately a douche in my book.

Thanks for saying what many of us are thinking.

I'm going with this site to enhance my baller rep.

Lobel.jpg

Image 7-24-21 at 3.05 PM (1).jpg

Image 7-24-21 at 3.05 PM.jpg

I pulled out that L1 migrated lead from the pocket,
Unplugged it from its socket.

Dropped a Tuohy between L1-2 lamina,
You know I got that stamina.

Curled under the 6 o'clock,
perfect logic like Mr. Spock.

Push and pull like waves on the sea,
Rockin out the DRG.

Boom. Mike drop.

Yup, SIS nerd.

Reactions: 7 users
I’m about to attempt my first thoracic level thoracic DRG, at T10. But patient has chronic pancreatitis and the rep told me I can try higher off-label if I want. Any tips?

I'm going with this site to enhance my baller rep.

View attachment 340952

View attachment 340953

View attachment 340954

I pulled out that L1 migrated lead from the pocket,
Unplugged it from its socket.

Dropped a Tuohy between L1-2 lamina,
You know I got that stamina.

Curled under the 6 o'clock,
perfect logic like Mr. Spock.

Push and pull like waves on the sea,
Rockin out the DRG.

Boom. Mike drop.

Yup, SIS nerd.

That was great, also, I might be dead… lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Instagram is more popular in all countries. Of course, in English-speaking countries, people know about the existence of Linkedin, but in Europe, they hardly use it. So when I had to choose where I wanted to share my content and create a visually beautiful and useful account, I leaned towards Instagram, of course. Over time, I want to gain more subscribers. I want to become a full-fledged blogger who will work on this site full-time as an influencer. I've heard that they earn a lot and buy a lot of advertising from them. To begin with, I'll buy subscribers to megafamous.com, I'll earn their love and attention, and then I'll start spinning like a squirrel on a treadmill.

Last edited:
Any doctor bragging about their skills in a social media account is immediately a douche in my book.
Please tell us how you really feel. No need to beat around the bush...LOL!

Please tell us how you really feel. No need to beat around the bush...LOL!
Entertaining. Wouldn't it be cool to see their sunshine act and other not reported income streams, car collections, watch collections, etc THen have that linked to the bottom of every one of their posts?

Entertaining. Wouldn't it be cool to see their sunshine act and other not reported income streams, car collections, watch collections, etc THen have that linked to the bottom of every one of their posts?
I do find it amusing watching the younger docs posting pics of their procedures looking for validation or just for showing off? But you know what they say, if you want to be the expert, just act like and proclaim you're the expert. I think that works with the general public and industry but not sure it works so well with peers...

I have never once had a rep ask me to pose for pictures with their xyz device. It’s 7th grade all over again :cryi::cryi::cryi:

Dude I am still waiting on your faux kol instagram account
Please pull the trigger

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I have never once had a rep ask me to pose for pictures with their xyz device. It’s 7th grade all over again :cryi::cryi::cryi:

I did last week. Told the rep, I’m not that guy.

Reactions: 1 users
I do find it amusing watching the younger docs posting pics of their procedures looking for validation or just for showing off? But you know what they say, if you want to be the expert, just act like and proclaim you're the expert. I think that works with the general public and industry but not sure it works so well with peers...
in the end, its all a business. who cares about peers.. its all about the KOL Baller status.
You come on SDN to get your ego checked.

So true.

in the end, its all a business. who cares about peers.. its all about the KOL Baller status.
You come on SDN to get your ego checked.
Exactly. It's about growing your brand. Visibility, name recognition, reputation, etc. Leads to expanding your network of like-minded, non-hater peers and industry connections. Leads to referrals and growing your disclosures list and Propublica ranking. All roads lead to $$$. I'm sure they're well aware there may be some anonymous dudes on a forum for med students talking ish, but they're too busy counting money to care.

Reactions: 3 users