Lionel Raymon's Clinical Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resiliens

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this so far? I'm super weak in Pharm and am planning to use Kaplan's old (2010) Pharm videos narrated by Raymon. He wrote this textbook as well and I think it correlates with his Becker videos, but I'm wondering if anyone here used this text as well as his old Kaplan videos, and how well the two match up.

Thanks fam

Members don't see this ad.

His old videos were great. I used the ANS, CVS and chemo during med school. I've never had a problem with ANS thanks to him. Never used the book or the rest of the videos so I don't know if that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
His old videos were great. I used the ANS, CVS and chemo during med school. I've never had a problem with ANS thanks to him. Never used the book or the rest of the videos so I don't know if that helps.
What did you use for the other pharm topics?

His lectures are long, but great. If you are in preclinicals and studying for your block exams, I would highly recommend watching his videos. If you are studying for Step 1, his videos are likely too long.

Members don't see this ad :)
His lectures are long, but great. If you are in preclinicals and studying for your block exams, I would highly recommend watching his videos. If you are studying for Step 1, his videos are likely too long.
Thanks I was debating between his videos and SketchyPharm. My school is terrible at teaching us Pharm; I've learned next to nothing so far, so I'm not looking for just board review stuff. In essence, I need to teach myself pharm now; what would you recommend with that goal in mind? Do you or anyone else here have experience with Sketchy?

Thanks I was debating between his videos and SketchyPharm. My school is terrible at teaching us Pharm; I've learned next to nothing so far, so I'm not looking for just board review stuff. In essence, I need to teach myself pharm now; what would you recommend with that goal in mind? Do you or anyone else here have experience with Sketchy?

In that case, sketchy pharm all the way. It will answer pretty much all pharm questions you get in medical school. There’s a lot of info crammed into each video but they are all important, so if you can stick with it you’ll be golden.

I read Katzung in med school as well as a couple of other bullet point type books that I don't recommend for step. I've used Kaplan a few months ago. I've started doing sketchy pharm (not a huge fan so far - Micro is good tho) but only plan it for hyperlipidemic and diabetic drugs and maybe antibiotics, my pharm is pretty strong because I read it the most during M2. Gonna be doing STEP 1 in less than 4 weeks.

Does anyone have access to the Raymon 2010 videos or know where I can find them? I would love to use them but I can't find them anywhere :(