List any experiences you have had in order of importance to you.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

findingnemo13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for you all:

The application says, "List any experiences you have had in order of importance to you" when adding things to the Professional Experience section of the application. Does this mean to you the most important first (which subsequently places your "most important" thing on the bottom of the list) or vice versa? It's confusing because it will not allow you to order them after you've entered all the information.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

bump. I want to know this as well!

Question for you all:

The application says, "List any experiences you have had in order of importance to you" when adding things to the Professional Experience section of the application. Does this mean to you the most important first (which subsequently places your "most important" thing on the bottom of the list) or vice versa? It's confusing because it will not allow you to order them after you've entered all the information.

Thanks!

yes indeed. However, I didn't do this. I put them as most recent to latest for the professional and extra curriculum portion because I didn't know then. However, I think the cover letter would do a sufficient job as listing what is important for you already so hopefully thats not too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused by this as well. Are they actually going to analyze the order that we inputted things, and critique whether what we think is most important is ACTUALLY most important?

I basically want to know if the order that we input items is significant or not. I like the point the above posted made about the cover letter selections already serving as a way to indicate what we feel is most important..

the order doesn't matter, these experiences do not trump a solid GPA, DAT score and LORs. Dont fret just fill them out in time order and you'll be OK. Work experience can't trump good grades.