" List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carboxylicpremed

Reaction score
While I did a lot of volunteering and was a member of a few clubs/orgs, I didn't pursue higher positions in them. I did have situations where I lead others as a member, but is that acceptable to write about? Also, can "organizations" include within hospitals or other areas of clinical volunteer work?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this for a secondary? Doesn't it pretty much overlap with your work/activities section?

Is this for a secondary? Doesn't it pretty much overlap with your work/activities section?

Yep. My work/activities focused on impact and the service focus of what I did without official leadership positions, so I was thinking of just framing it from the leadership perspective for the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
A great way to obtain a leadership position is to start your own club. Make a flyer or something in MS Publisher, print it out, hang it around your school w/some tear off sheets for your phone number/email, and bingo. Peer mentoring counts, too, in response to your question above. Not sure what you mean by the third sentence.

A great way to obtain a leadership position is to start your own club. Make a flyer or something in MS Publisher, print it out, hang it around your school w/some tear off sheets for your phone number/email, and bingo. Peer mentoring counts, too, in response to your question above. Not sure what you mean by the third sentence.

I've graduated and that secondary will probably come in the next few weeks, but it's very helpful to know that peer mentoring counts, thanks! My third sentence meant I've held leadership positions as a volunteer in clinics, but that isn't a college club.

You're welcome. I guess as long as your were a leader that counts--it doesn't have to be a club affiliated with your college. Good luck! :luck:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user