List for schools prefering in-state applicants only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rougemarie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone knows if there are websites/other sources listing schools which only/preferentially accept in-state applicants? Or is this the case for most schools?

It was my understanding that state universities favor in-state v. out-of-state applicants; however, I saw from the posts that many of you also apply to several other institutions from different states. Perhaps someone can correct me on this.

Many thanks in advance :D

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding that public institutions prefer in state students as opposed to out of state because of the funding that they get from their state. Also, there are programs out there (WICHE) that does give some preference to out of state students. Also, it depends on the strength of the applicants. Hope this information helps.

well, if u go to pharmcas.org and look at individual school info pages, it'll tell u how many students they accepted last yr and of that # how many out-of-state students they accepted.

SIUE goal was to address the issue of needed pharmacist in the Southern Illinois area and from what I have seen their class has reflected this policy for the most part of picking a class from Southern Illinois in the hopes that they will stay and work in the area upon graduation.

rougemarie said:
Hello,

Anyone knows if there are websites/other sources listing schools which only/preferentially accept in-state applicants? Or is this the case for most schools?

It was my understanding that state universities favor in-state v. out-of-state applicants; however, I saw from the posts that many of you also apply to several other institutions from different states. Perhaps someone can correct me on this.

Many thanks in advance :D