Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a second-year PhD student applying to this upcoming MD cycle. Though I am in the PhD program, I am planning to get my Masters and then matriculate into medical school. If I do not get into the medical program I want, I will reapply while completing my PhD. My PI and the program's administrators are aware of this and my graduate research is planned accordingly. How should I address this in my application? I don't want it to raise red flags. I have planned on this being my path since I began the program, but Im afraid that they will see that I am only two years into my PhD and question my commitment to either the PhD or the MD path. Though I cant really change my transcript, what is the best way to list it in my activities section? "Graduate Research" maybe? Thank you!
I would just put whatever is true. If your transcript says you're in a PhD program and you try saying that you're in a masters program, I think that in and of itself raises a bunch of uncomfortable questions..

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.