List of 3 year long Emergency Medicine residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM.MD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Where can I find an accurate and updated list of only the 3 year long EM residencies to help with my ERAS application? There does not seem to be a way to filter out the 4 year long EM programs on MyERAS or FREIDA. The SAEM lists are not accurate or updated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably look at each program's website instead of asking us to do the work for you, given that there are 200-ish EM programs. The good news is that 95% of programs are 3 years.

Your account says attending physician. Career change?

In general: a lot of the west coast programs, some NYC programs.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the guy from the other thread that thinks that EM is a happy field with better pay and hours. And we all told him he was wrong. And no, he wouldn't listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
This is the guy from the other thread that thinks that EM is a happy field with better pay and hours. And we all told him he was wrong. And no, he wouldn't listen.
I like EM! Who knows, I may be your resident or colleague one day 😁

You should probably look at each program's website instead of asking us to do the work for you, given that there are 200-ish EM programs. The good news is that 95% of programs are 3 years.

Your account says attending physician. Career change?

In general: a lot of the west coast programs, some NYC programs.
There are 270 EM residency programs on ERAS. I'm hoping to find an official 2021 list of the 3 year or 4 year programs to save some time. I've read that about 65 programs are 4 years long but cannot find an updated list. Yes, specialty change. I'm board certified in Internal Medicine, completed residency in 2017 and have been working as a hospitalist since then.

I’d be very careful changing to EM…you may find yourself unable to find a job and back working as…a Hospitalist lol

I’d be very careful changing to EM…you may find yourself unable to find a job and back working as…a Hospitalist lol

Pretty sure he already made a separate thread previously and was told ad nauseam that switching to EM in its unrecoverable state was a terrible idea. Obviously not taking the advice.

I think the EMRA Match map has a bunch of ways to sort programs, including 3 vs 4 year.