List of Application Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtlove

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. It is time for me to start working on my application essays for my application next year. I am trying to come up with a list of essays I should prepare for AMCAS and secondaries. Can you guys please edit and add to my list of the essays I should prepare. If anyone has any suggestions on how to prepare these essays successfully, I would love to hear from you. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

mtlove

AMCAS why medicine statement -1 page
AMCAS Why MD/PhD essay – 1 page
AMCAS Previous Research Description – 2 page

Members don't see this ad.

i remember having to write about "why this school," "where do i plan to be in 20 years" "how will i add diversity to the class" "describe a difficult ethical problem i faced" and the like.

my advice would be: dont feel you have to write the maximum amount for each essay.

i remember having to write about "why this school," "where do i plan to be in 20 years" "how will i add diversity to the class" "describe a difficult ethical problem i faced" and the like.

my advice would be: dont feel you have to write the maximum amount for each essay.

Mine too. Especially in Duke's case, because there are no word maximums.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a thread in the premed forum with all the secondary essays. I would recommend you find that thread for your answer. It will be more comprehensive than what you will get here.

AMCAS why medicine statement -1 page
AMCAS Why MD/PhD essay – 1 page
AMCAS Previous Research Description – 2 page
The essays have character (not page) limits. I beleive the general personal statement is 5300 characters (incl. spaces), the why MD/PhD is 3000, and the research essay s a whopping 10K. Or something like that. This essay business seems like so long ago...