List of Med Schools that take Canadians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aoshi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if people could post what US schools they know that take Canadian students. Seems like the list is pretty small...

Also, does anyone know anything about getting permanent residency in the US?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Dartmouth does. Besides that I'm not too sure.

I think it would mostly be the private schools that take Canadian students. A couple of my classmates at Stanford are Canadian. (as well as 1 or 2 others from other countries). But I know that at least one of the Canadian students had to deposit the full tuition for all 4 years into a certain bank account before he was able to start -- so he had to take out huge loans with horrible interest rates.

I am Canadian and got US residency a few years ago. I think you need to have an immediate family member who is a US citizen to sponsor you. To be a student you don't need to be a US resident, you'll just need a student visa. I do think you need documentation (or an actual deposit as was said above) that proves you can finance the entire 4 years. I would call the registrar at the schools you want to go to and talk to the person in charge of residency. You may also want to talk to an immigration lawyer. Good luck!