**List of PS readers for AMCAS 08**- old thread, search for current year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal Statement Readers '08

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
ndteej - better at grammatical tips
sonofschmilsson
sunflwr85 - PM me, please
triangles
linuxizer - abfriedman @ gmail.com - Applying this year
Depakote
pcguy2 - PM please. Have been doing for this for 2 application cycles. Class of 2011
Schaden Freud
Darksmurf - editor at a science journal; I reserve the right to be brutally honest (Unavailable May 31-June 30)
lilnoelle (Unavailable for now)
Astrithir - applied and accepted last cycle, PMs please.
silversideslide - class of 2011, please pm me.
etsuprinthead - i'll read, PM me. i tutor(ed) writing at our school's "writing and communication center," so i have 3 years of editing under my belt.
lina123321 - PM me, available until end of June
gsmithers68 - class of 2011, please pm me. Minored in Engrish/Histry. Me grood at wroitin.
omegaxx (class of 2011) - PMs please. Available after May 14. Second major in English. Canuck.
symphony101 - I've written many grants, PM please
SpiresAAC - MSSM class of 2011, American Studies major, English minor, MPH, post bacc...PM me
PepperMD - Semi-nontrad, Literature, Science, and the Arts, Psychology double major, English Minor. Interdisciplinary perspectives and unified themes my specialty!
EternalRage - applied and accepted last cycle, PM me, I'll tear you a new one. Unavailable.
Think Big - class of 2011, PM me
ginkneephur - PM me, Available during the summer.
ohlala - PM me and I'll send you my email address.
bhattnea - Class of 2011 Pm me.
Cubbbie - Non-trad, non-science person ... I sent mine around here last year and it was a huge help, so I'm returning the favor.
Homer Simpson - Class of 2011. PM me your PS and specific questions if you have any, but I'll only be able to read a few before heading off for vacation.
gujudoc - not yet applied though I've written a personal statement for a masters program. However, I've had countless experience reviewing personal statements for people last year on SDN and quite a few this year and have a pretty good grip on personal statement tips and what not.
Stversko - Bio Major, Great gramatical skills. PM me if you would like me to edit your grammar.
Instatewaiter - MS1 going onto MS2
paki20 - PM me. majored in political science, peer review editor for journal
Geogil - PM me. French, History major, nontrad.. PM me before july. On vacation until 7/25.
aspiring med - PM me. psychology major, kind of non trad. a decent writer
epigastric - Completed post-bacc, low GPA, now class of 2011, edit my PI's manuscripts. PM me.
Caduceusdude - I completed my double degree in English and Biochemistry at Stanford University. Currently, I am doing my masters in English (Stanford). I would love to critique ur personal statement! My e-mail is caduceus1111(at)yahoo.com
javaduke95 - Rising MS1. Applied for MSTPs and got some offers. Also no superpowers but am willing to help. Available throughout the summer. PM works well.
spospo - accepted this past cycle, PM me and i will give you my email, great at grammar, creating stronger phrases etc etc, sometime i go a little overboard, feel free to PM letting me know you need help. Out of town from 6/5 to 6/15.
caristra - accepted MSTP this year, so priority goes to MD/PHD applicants but I'll do regular MD ones too. My essay got several positive comments this year from interviewers. Minored in english and have been doing this for my campus premeds for a while. PM with an e-mail address so I can use track changes in word. Spelling not my strong suite
melissainsd - I was received very well this cycle, and many of my interviewers mentioned how much they loved my PS. Also, my husband has terrible writing skills so I am constantly fixing his stuff for work. Good luck! Temporarily unavailable.
rocky6 - accepted MD this year. I'm willing to help out any way I can. experience in poli sci, humanities. pm me with statements. Unavailable until June 18
yourmom25 - i've done this 3 years and each year i've had to redo my PS. each time i send it to a proofer, i get good reviews and my interviewers have always had good comments.
Chickenlittle84 - applying this year, non-science major, good at finding holes in writing. PM please.
sendwich - accepted this past year, semi-nontrad. wrote for both a masters (smp type) program in addition to the PS for the 2006-07 cycle. I've gotten so much help from previous sdners (or current ones?), I'd love to pass on the good luck to future M1's!! please PM me
ItOnlyTakesOne - Accepted this cycle, complimented on my PS by interviewers, and currently writing/co-editing a student newspaper. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.
sassy doc - got multiple acceptances in this cycle. got over 20 interview invites. i'd love to help future ms1 and give my honest feedback. :)
chaitin - PM please. I am an MS2 who will give you honest feedback.
kidthor - I'm a reapplicant this year and am by no means a literary master, but I do have a JD and I edited a law journal.
mintendo - accepted this past cycle. I have a lot of time on my hands these days. Please PM.
saftab - I had a lot of people help me with my PS so I am willing to help others.
acdbx - T for the WS is my only claim to any sort of writing ability.
CUKaraSue - accepted this cycle. 13-V, R-WS. Will be brutally honest!! Email as an attachment to karad (at) clemson (dot) edu. I was a non-trad applicant. Would love to read other non-trad statements and/or those with research! Better at content/flow/voice than grammar. Good Luck!!
baby methusela - i'm down. i was editor for the school newspaper. i can probably only do a couple b/c i work a lot.... just pm me, i guess
jgoblue86 - currently applying, can read for content/originality. will be honest!
penisclaw - currently applying, strong with grammar and essay structure, will be honest
akshay - have two years experience in writing research papers and articles, grants; have worked PT at the writing center at a nearby college, critiqued PS for fellow classmates. Need atleast a week to read and critique. PM me and i'll give you my email address.
sandlot1892 - PM me and ill give you my email address so u can send it that way; R on mcat writing section, eng minor, wrote a novel
kevster2001 - Feel free to check MDapps, i've already read a bunch, wasn't aware of this thread
McLicky - applying this year, currently finishing my PS statement up. Peer review is the best way to refine your PS, PM me if you want me to take a look. Can usually have Track Changes comments back in a day or so.
keke88 - Always willing to help! lots of previous writing experience!
aaronw - ill read some and give you good feedback
variablistic - Reapplying, good with grammar and sentence structure.
NekoMD - Applying along with everyone else this summer, 2.5 years experience at university writing center; PM if interested!
DrPDot - If I weren't going to be a doctor, I'd be a writer. S on MCAT writing section, and love, love, love to edit -- yes a bit of a freak --- PM me and I'll shower you with suggestions for both content and grammar/syntax.

Members don't see this ad.

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Depakote
pcguy2 - PM please. Have been doing for this for 2 application cycles. Class of 2011
Schaden Freud
Darksmurf - editor at a science journal; I reserve the right to be brutally honest (Unavailable May 31-June 30)
etsuprinthead - i'll read, PM me. i tutor(ed) writing at our school's "writing and communication center," so i have 3 years of editing under my belt.
omegaxx (class of 2011) - PMs please. Available after May 14. Second major in English. Canuck.
SpiresAAC - MSSM class of 2011, American Studies major, English minor, MPH, post bacc...PM me
PepperMD - Semi-nontrad, Literature, Science, and the Arts, Psychology double major, English Minor. Interdisciplinary perspectives and unified themes my specialty!
EternalRage - applied and accepted last cycle, PM me, I'll tear you a new one. Unavailable.
Cubbbie - Non-trad, non-science person ... I sent mine around here last year and it was a huge help, so I'm returning the favor.
Homer Simpson - Class of 2011. PM me your PS and specific questions if you have any, but I'll only be able to read a few before heading off for vacation.
gujudoc - not yet applied though I've written a personal statement for a masters program. However, I've had countless experience reviewing personal statements for people last year on SDN and quite a few this year and have a pretty good grip on personal statement tips and what not.
Stversko - Bio Major, Great gramatical skills. PM me if you would like me to edit your grammar.
Geogil - PM me. French, History major, nontrad.. PM me before july. On vacation until 7/25.
epigastric - Completed post-bacc, low GPA, now class of 2011, edit my PI's manuscripts. PM me.
Caduceusdude - I completed my double degree in English and Biochemistry at Stanford University. Currently, I am doing my masters in English (Stanford). I would love to critique ur personal statement! My e-mail is caduceus1111(at)yahoo.com
javaduke95 - Rising MS1. Applied for MSTPs and got some offers. Also no superpowers but am willing to help. Available throughout the summer. PM works well.
spospo - accepted this past cycle, PM me and i will give you my email, great at grammar, creating stronger phrases etc etc, sometime i go a little overboard, feel free to PM letting me know you need help. Out of town from 6/5 to 6/15.
caristra - accepted MSTP this year, so priority goes to MD/PHD applicants but I'll do regular MD ones too. My essay got several positive comments this year from interviewers. Minored in english and have been doing this for my campus premeds for a while. PM with an e-mail address so I can use track changes in word. Spelling not my strong suite
melissainsd - I was received very well this cycle, and many of my interviewers mentioned how much they loved my PS. Also, my husband has terrible writing skills so I am constantly fixing his stuff for work. Good luck! Temporarily unavailable.
rocky6 - accepted MD this year. I'm willing to help out any way I can. experience in poli sci, humanities. pm me with statements. Unavailable until June 18
yourmom25 - i've done this 3 years and each year i've had to redo my PS. each time i send it to a proofer, i get good reviews and my interviewers have always had good comments.
Chickenlittle84 - applying this year, non-science major, good at finding holes in writing. PM please.
sendwich - accepted this past year, semi-nontrad. wrote for both a masters (smp type) program in addition to the PS for the 2006-07 cycle. I've gotten so much help from previous sdners (or current ones?), I'd love to pass on the good luck to future M1's!! please PM me
ItOnlyTakesOne - Accepted this cycle, complimented on my PS by interviewers, and currently writing/co-editing a student newspaper. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.
sassy doc - got multiple acceptances in this cycle. got over 20 interview invites. i'd love to help future ms1 and give my honest feedback. :)
kidthor - I'm a reapplicant this year and am by no means a literary master, but I do have a JD and I edited a law journal.
mintendo - accepted this past cycle. I have a lot of time on my hands these days. Please PM.
saftab - I had a lot of people help me with my PS so I am willing to help others.
CUKaraSue - accepted this cycle. 13-V, R-WS. Will be brutally honest!! Email as an attachment to karad (at) clemson (dot) edu. I was a non-trad applicant. Would love to read other non-trad statements and/or those with research! Better at content/flow/voice than grammar. Good Luck!!
baby methusela - i'm down. i was editor for the school newspaper. i can probably only do a couple b/c i work a lot.... just pm me, i guess
jgoblue86 - currently applying, can read for content/originality. will be honest!
penisclaw - currently applying, strong with grammar and essay structure, will be honest
akshay - have two years experience in writing research papers and articles, grants; have worked PT at the writing center at a nearby college, critiqued PS for fellow classmates. Need atleast a week to read and critique. PM me and i'll give you my email address.
sandlot1892 - PM me and ill give you my email address so u can send it that way; R on mcat writing section, eng minor, wrote a novel
kevster2001 - Feel free to check MDapps, i've already read a bunch, wasn't aware of this thread
McLicky - applying this year, currently finishing my PS statement up. Peer review is the best way to refine your PS, PM me if you want me to take a look. Can usually have Track Changes comments back in a day or so.
NekoMD - Applying along with everyone else this summer, 2.5 years experience at university writing center; PM if interested!
DrPDot - If I weren't going to be a doctor, I'd be a writer. S on MCAT writing section, and love, love, love to edit -- yes a bit of a freak --- PM me and I'll shower you with suggestions for both content and grammar/syntax.

Could someone please read my PS? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to say to all those people looking for advice on their PS, thank your readers when they've taken the time out of their busy lives to read & critique your essay. I think I speak for most PS readers here when I say I am sick of spending so much time giving people a thorough analysis of their essay & not even getting a simple thank you in return. It does NOT matter if you agree or don't agree with what the readers thought, but at least extend them some courtesy!

And for those of you who are still looking for honest, albeit sometimes brutal critique, feel free to PM me your essays. For those that have, I'm working on getting them back to you as soon as I can.

I just want to say to all those people looking for advice on their PS, thank your readers when they've taken the time out of their busy lives to read & critique your essay. I think I speak for most PS readers here when I say I am sick of spending so much time giving people a thorough analysis of their essay & not even getting a simple thank you in return. It does NOT matter if you agree or don't agree with what the readers thought, but at least extend them some courtesy!
Good call.

Also, ppl who are requesting readers should refer to the master list of names in the first post. If a name is no longer in the actual list, pls do not contact them.

Anyone around this morning/afternoon for a look at a first draft? I'll do an exchange as well...

If anyone has a spare moment, and would love to critique my PS...please PM me! I would really appreciate all the help I can get (I'm on draft 18!!!!!)

Thanks again :oops:

If anyone has a spare moment, and would love to critique my PS...please PM me! I would really appreciate all the help I can get (I'm on draft 18!!!!!)

Thanks again :oops:

I thought I just sent a PM to you but send it to me and I'll ook at it.

I've contacted a few people on the list and i haven't heard a response yet. Is there anyone free that can critique my PS?

Good call.

Also, ppl who are requesting readers should refer to the master list of names in the first post. If a name is no longer in the actual list, pls do not contact them.

Seconded.

Applicants, double-check the most recent list (usually on the last page of the thread) before contacting anyone. I have received 232 personal statement requests AFTER removing my name from the list. Between the pestering and some rather rude, thin skinned applicants, I will not be volunteering my services again in the future.

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Depakote
Schaden Freud
Misty - Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you before sending me your essay outright.

Seconded.

Applicants, double-check the most recent list (usually on the last page of the thread) before contacting anyone. I have received 232 personal statement requests AFTER removing my name from the list. Between the pestering and some rather rude, thin skinned applicants, I will not be volunteering my services again in the future.
Sorry to hear that, Ersatzious. I originally saw your name and wanted to PM you only to find out you were unavailable.

On that note, I would also like to ask readers to update their status. As some people have already mentioned, we are not receiving responses from people who are still on the list. Just as readers who are unavailable do not want PMs, we do not also want to send PMs out to people who are not interested in reading. I know all the readers are doing us a service and I appreciate that, but I personally have sent 12 PMs two weeks ago and have gotten only 1 response. I'm not complaining about people not responding, but if you do not plan to respond, then let us know by taking your name off the list. Thanks.

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Depakote- Temporarily (possibly permanently) unavailable
Schaden Freud
Misty - Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you before sending me your essay outright.

Members don't see this ad :)

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Schaden Freud
Misty - Unavailable from 7/25-8/1 Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you (AMCAS-type stuff) before sending me your essay outright.

Can anyone read my personal statement??? I'd really appreciate if you could send me a PM so i could send it to you. Thanks in advance

Hello, would anyone please be willing to look over my personal statement? I received some good advice and suggestions which I've tried to incorporate, and I just want to know how it sounds right now, and what areas still need improvement. If you can, just PM me and let me know, thanks!

hey thanks for the thread

Is anyone out here, nice enough to please take a look at my PS?

I would really appreciate it and I just need help making it flow and making it shorter, it exceeds the limit and I'm not sure what to cut out :(

thanks!

plz PM me or anything if ur interested:)

I am more than happy to help. I like writing and have written papers, grants, editorial essays...
strength in structure and syntax. will try to do grammar and typo. have time mostly in weekend. PM me please.

I've also sent out PMs but if anyone wnats to review a PS I'm doing for a university program I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Schaden Freud
Misty - Unavailable from 7/25-8/1 Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you (AMCAS-type stuff) before sending me your essay outright.
brittanykgw - tutor in writing center and school paper writer. PM me if you need any help!

Pulling myself off the list.

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Schaden Freud
brittanykgw - tutor in writing center and school paper writer. PM me if you need any help!

hey thanks for the thread

Is anyone out here, nice enough to please take a look at my PS?

I would really appreciate it and I just need help making it flow and only minor changes needed, its near complete

thanks!

plz PM me or anything if ur interested, b/c even tho there is a list, some people might not be available at the moment

so plz PM me if u can help! =) thanks:D

I've sent out a few PM's and emails to people on the list over the past week, but I think I'm late in the game and most people have gone back to school. I understand it's the start of a new semester and most people are too busy now. Is there anyone who still has some time to read over my draft and give me some advice on content/flow? Thanks!

Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Schaden Freud
Misty - Unavailable Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you (AMCAS-type stuff) before sending me your essay outright.

sorry to all of those of you who pm'd me and didn't get a response. :( i got really backed up at work after my surgery and completely forgot i signed up to help.

Deanis - taught a writing course (in statistics I warn you...) and will be (perhaps brutally) honest and hopefully constructive in my feedback.
Cirrus83
flaahless - applying too
ihatescience
sonofschmilsson
triangles
Schaden Freud
Misty - Unavailable Current applicant, English minor (4.0), had several MD's, med students and 1 interviewer read my PS and general consensus was that it was "exceptional." I promise to be 100% honest in my evaluation so if you are just looking for compliments and not for critique, please choose someone else. PM me and give me some background info on you (AMCAS-type stuff) before sending me your essay outright.

sorry to all of those of you who pm'd me and didn't get a response. :( i got really backed up at work after my surgery and completely forgot i signed up to help.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.