List of School Psychology PsyD Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annakei

Therapist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IS there a list online some where?

Members don't see this ad.

You can look on the APA list of accredited doctoral school psych programs (they list degree type). FYI, they are:
Rutgers
St. John's
SUNY-Albany
Alfred
Hofstra

Combined school PsyD programs:
James Madison (school-clinical) (requires masters for admission)
Pace (child clinical-school)
Yeshiva (cliniical-school)

VERY New York/New Jersey biased (James Madison being the only exception)

I applied to and received interviews invites at Alfred and Albany but turned both down, as I simply couldn't justify the cost of travel (it nearly broke my heart to turn down my interview at Albany, though--wonderful program with excellent funding)

At least Alfred and Albany (especially Albany) are pretty research-heavy for PsyD programs and both offer decent funding (Albany fully funds all students and Alfred guarantees half tuition remission or higher for all students). Can't speak to any of the others.

Last edited:
add to the NY/NJ bias- Fairleigh Dickinson U has a school psych PsyD. it's relatively new, non accred and only for folks who are already school psychs.

Members don't see this ad :)
The new (combined) school/clinical psyd at Kean University (also in NJ, near Newark). They apparently offer assistantships to all students, although the assistantships cover tuition + a very small stipend (about $5000) --- this is what I was told from a student I met from there at the NASP conference two days ago.

add to the NY/NJ bias- Fairleigh Dickinson U has a school psych PsyD. it's relatively new, non accred and only for folks who are already school psychs.

I interviewed at Pace and I thought their focus was more clinical than school. I got the impression that they mainly train you to be a clinical psychologist, with the school training as an afterthought.

The new (combined) school/clinical psyd at Kean University (also in NJ, near Newark). They apparently offer assistantships to all students, although the assistantships cover tuition + a very small stipend (about $5000) --- this is what I was told from a student I met from there at the NASP conference two days ago.

Keep in mind that they arent APA accredited as they just started taking students in Fall 2009.

Minnesota State University, Mankato has a school psychology PsyD program but it is not APA accredited either.