List of schools allowing instate tuition after first year??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddie19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
More specifically I would like to know about Temple. I heard Temple is trying to make NJ count as instate? Is this true? If not, can you claim instate after the first year and under what conditions?

Also, is there a list of current tuitions for all schools? I am finding predents.com to be inaccurate.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know OHSU.

check out dent.osu.edu for their tuition rates

Members don't see this ad :)
Any public school in NY you should be able to qualify for instate after the first year

Colorado used to offer instate tuition after the first year. This all changed for the class of 2010. The sad part is "CU" changed the ruling about a week before classes started and students had no choice but the eat to "accountable" student fee worth about 40K each year. The sad thing is CU will still say that you "become a resident" after the first year but they don't explain that even though you are technically a resident they charge special fees based on the residency you had when you started (ie, the accountable student fee). People tried to sue so Colorado got their beloved chancellor to threaten them all. They have done some pretty shady things lately and the student body is fed up with it.

If you really want in-state tuition you could marry someone who resides in your school's state. :idea:

Thanks. That stinks about Colorado!

Anybody know about Temple?

If you really want in-state tuition you could marry someone who resides in your school's state. :idea:

Not necessarily. Pennsylvania decides initially based on where you lived 12 months before enrolling (which I believe to be the day you begin class, but I'm no lawyer). They go by this classification until you finish, although you can petition them once per year to change your residency status and you can try to convince them that you intend to stay by demonstrating social and financial ties to the area. I don't believe that this is frequently successful from the perspective of an out of state student.

UConn- Go Huskies...:)

I have never seen this on any application or school info that I have looked at. Heck, most of the places didn't even ask if i was married. There isn't even a place on aadsas for it.