List of schools that DON'T require the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TPMOH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of PharmD shools that DON'T require the PCAT? I have already taken the OAT & got in the 93-95% range back in 1997 & I have completed one year of Optometry school at Ohio State and had a 3.4 GPA. I am considering applying to Pharm school, but I don't want go thru the admissions test thing again if I don't have to. I think that my performance in a rigorous professional school should tell any adcom that I can handle the coursework in pharm school. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Worcester
Boston
Western
UOP
USC
LLU
UCSD
UCSF
Purdue
Nevada
Hawaii
Albany
U of Conn
U of New Mexico
Oregon State
U of Pittsburg
Samford
WSU
Hampton
Idaho
Long Island U
Northeastern
St. John's U
Temple
U of Louisiana
U of Michigan
U of South Carolina
U of Toledo
Ohio Nothern
Flordia A & M
U of Arkansas

I hear the easiest PCAT schools to apply to: U of Maryalnd, MWU, Chicago and Creighton. My friend's knows a guy who guy accepted to Creighton with a 2.85 GPA and I know two people who are invited to the openhouse/interview in Chicago and they both have less than a 3.00 GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying not to offend any Creighton students or grads, but their grads have a 'reputation' up here in the North Central.

I know one on michelleca4's list has changed, Samford did not require it for this years entering class but they do require it for next years entering class

Originally posted by TPMOH
Does anyone have a list of PharmD shools that DON'T require the PCAT? I have already taken the OAT & got in the 93-95% range back in 1997 & I have completed one year of Optometry school at Ohio State and had a 3.4 GPA. I am considering applying to Pharm school, but I don't want go thru the admissions test thing again if I don't have to. I think that my performance in a rigorous professional school should tell any adcom that I can handle the coursework in pharm school. Thanks.

I don't think you have to limit yourself to schools that don't require the PCAT. You obviously did very well on the OAT, and you'd most likely get a similar score on the PCAT. It's really not a hard test, nothing for you to be worried about!! :)

I second AmandaRx...The is not an extremely hard test..And considering you did so well on the OAT, you should definitely not limit your options. Assuming that your desicion on not taking the pcat is based on the lack on time to the next application, I wish u the best of luck in pursuing pharmacy..

:thumbup: