List of schools that silently reject?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bears1992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which DO schools give silent rejections? I found some old threads on this that seem to indicate Nova, PCOM and UNECOM do this, but I haven't found a recent thread with any of the newer schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard LECOM going by old threads.

Reactions: 1 users
PCOM, I heard from every other school that rejected me

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I met with someone from the admissions committee at PCOM (not a formal interview) a couple weeks back and they noted that if you don't receive an II by February, essentially expect a rejection coming in the spring. Hope that helps! Can't comment on the other schools

Reactions: 1 user
NYCOM, PCOM, and Nova are probably the worst offenders. In 3 application cycles I never heard back from any of them, I've seen reports of the same on here as well.

However, I suspect that state schools in general do this a lot also, especially to the OOS applicants who probably should have done their research.

Reactions: 1 users
Touro's, NOVA, PCOM

This thread is particularly brutal when you're waiting to hear back from 11 schools on potential interviews and then you realize that 7 of them have been mentioned here as silent reject-ers (NOVA, LECOM, LECOM-B, Touro-CA, Touro-NV, NYITCOM, PCOM) :(

Also, does silent reject mean they hold all rejections until late spring or does it mean that they never reject at all?

This thread is particularly brutal when you're waiting to hear back from 11 schools on potential interviews and then you realize that 7 of them have been mentioned here as silent reject-ers (NOVA, LECOM, LECOM-B, Touro-CA, Touro-NV, NYITCOM, PCOM) :(

Also, does silent reject mean they hold all rejections until late spring or does it mean that they never reject at all?

They never reject at all. Some of the mentioned schools sent me a rejection email in like June but some I just never heard from

They never reject at all. Some of the mentioned schools sent me a rejection email in like June but some I just never heard from
You think the least they could do after sending in the primary and secondary fees along with the essays is to send an automated rejection email ..

KYCOM. I was in state, accepted at 2 other schools, and applied very early. Not a word after secondaries sent.