May 25, 2012
Status
thanks for the list! :thumbup: I was looking for some option to choose from but I can't help you cut down your list yet.

amh137

7+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
Status
Dental Student
so... application cycle is coming up.... I am making my list of schools to apply...
down to 20... have to cut down more in order to keep it in my budget...

So here is my background:
CA resident
Overall GPA: 3.41
sGPA: 3.36
BCP GPA: 3.37
Master's GPA: 3.90
DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 21PAT
(21QR, 21RC, 20Bio, 24GC, 21OC, 21TS, 21AA)

2 years of laboratory experience, 2 paper publications, 4 recommendations (one from former USC dental school professor), 3 years of Job shadow/volunteer, worked as a director at pre-college academy, attended many USA/international conferences as a presenter/speaker, two honors from home-school for good GPA, and many other work/extracurricular

am attending summer class for English course.

List of Schools:
Arizona
Loma Linda
UCLA
UCSF
UoP
USC
Western
Midwestern IL
University of Illinois
Tufts
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
UNLV
BU
University of North Carolina (UNC)
UPenn
Baylor
Roseman
U of Washington

Now I guess I need third point of view to cut down the list. I wished I have saved more money for application, but...yep..:(
so any comment?
Are you seventh day adventist? If not, take off Loma Linda. Also remove UNC, Baylor, University of Illinois Chicago, and Washington.

Feb 21, 2011
Status
I made this list based on my academic background and the city I like plus little search on the schools and also the schools I requested DAT score to sent. (I kinda wanted to save that little money by not adding "new" school on the list)...

to amh137, are those school not OOS friendly? (oh and thank you for your comment :))
Those schools amh137 listed are very out of state unfriendly. Theyre 90% or more state resident.