1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

List of schools who dont take CC credit?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dr.Toothenstein, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Dr.Toothenstein

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Anyone know of an updated list of schools that dont take pre-req CC credits?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BetaHelix

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Tufts and Temple will not accept any CC courses for pre-reqs. Pitt has a limit of how many CC units you can have. There may be others. I personally think it's ridiculous for schools to make these policies. Some of the best classes I've taken along with the best professors were at CC. At my local State Uni many science classes were taught by professors with just a masters but my CC has many Ivy League PHD professors. It's not reasonable to disqualify someone who took classes at a CC . Clearly you can tell that i have.

Dr.Toothenstein likes this.
  4. jaymaster7

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Also Creighton only takes like limited CC credits

5. BetaHelix

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Where did you find this? Haven't found anything myself .

6. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
  7. changtw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When I was narrowing down my schools, there seemed to be mixed answers on SDN regarding CC units.

Either Boston or Tufts had two different answers on their website depending upon which page you were reading. Under the How to Apply or Application Requirements page, they stated that they did not accept any CC units (as if it were an absolute). However, under the Application FAQs page, they said as long as you took upper div courses equivalent in number of units to CC prerequisite courses, you were fine.

Can someone else confirm/reject this? I'm not 100% sure myself.

8. changtw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Oh sorry, and for your particular case, I think the CC units are only limited to prerequisite classes, so the core sciences. You should be fine!

9. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Are you referring to the pre requisites? It will makes sense for pre requisite, but not electives ?

10. Dr.Toothenstein

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I called Creighton today and they said they dont like to see more than half of your pre-reqs come from CC.

Seems their pre-reqs are not that specific (vs other schools specifying molecular/cell, genetics, etc).
    • At least 6 semester hours each in biology, organic chemistry, physics and English
    • At least 8 semester hours in inorganic chemistry
    I have many other upper division credits through my university so hopefully that makes up for the few pre-reqs I have at CC.