List of schools who dont take CC credit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Toothenstein

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of an updated list of schools that dont take pre-req CC credits?

Members don't see this ad.

Tufts and Temple will not accept any CC courses for pre-reqs. Pitt has a limit of how many CC units you can have. There may be others. I personally think it's ridiculous for schools to make these policies. Some of the best classes I've taken along with the best professors were at CC. At my local State Uni many science classes were taught by professors with just a masters but my CC has many Ivy League PHD professors. It's not reasonable to disqualify someone who took classes at a CC . Clearly you can tell that i have.

Reactions: 1 user
Also Creighton only takes like limited CC credits

Members don't see this ad :)
They specify that they do not take elective community college or Ap credits. What does this mean exactly? I graduated already with probably enough university hours to make up for my electives, but I also took economics, government, and US history at a community college. I can still apply to all schools, correct?
When I was narrowing down my schools, there seemed to be mixed answers on SDN regarding CC units.

Either Boston or Tufts had two different answers on their website depending upon which page you were reading. Under the How to Apply or Application Requirements page, they stated that they did not accept any CC units (as if it were an absolute). However, under the Application FAQs page, they said as long as you took upper div courses equivalent in number of units to CC prerequisite courses, you were fine.

Can someone else confirm/reject this? I'm not 100% sure myself.

They specify that they do not take elective community college or Ap credits. What does this mean exactly? I graduated already with probably enough university hours to make up for my electives, but I also took economics, government, and US history at a community college. I can still apply to all schools, correct?
Oh sorry, and for your particular case, I think the CC units are only limited to prerequisite classes, so the core sciences. You should be fine!

When I was narrowing down my schools, there seemed to be mixed answers on SDN regarding CC units.

Either Boston or Tufts had two different answers on their website depending upon which page you were reading. Under the How to Apply or Application Requirements page, they stated that they did not accept any CC units (as if it were an absolute). However, under the Application FAQs page, they said as long as you took upper div courses equivalent in number of units to CC prerequisite courses, you were fine.

Can someone else confirm/reject this? I'm not 100% sure myself.

Are you referring to the pre requisites? It will makes sense for pre requisite, but not electives ?

I called Creighton today and they said they dont like to see more than half of your pre-reqs come from CC.

Seems their pre-reqs are not that specific (vs other schools specifying molecular/cell, genetics, etc).
  • At least 6 semester hours each in biology, organic chemistry, physics and English
  • At least 8 semester hours in inorganic chemistry
I have many other upper division credits through my university so hopefully that makes up for the few pre-reqs I have at CC.