List of schools, you opinion(s)...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a firm believe of having more lines in the water will catch more fish type of applier, so bare with me. I'm a chemistry major and a resident of Minnesota.
CUMM GPA 3.70; SCI GPA 3.74
DAT: 28th of June
Research: 1 semester in molecular biology lab, 1 summer SURE Program with a project for Army at NDSU, 1 year and counting in an organic lab and this summer a REU experience.
Volunteered at ER and peds hospital 75 hrs.
Teacher's assistant for chem II labs 1 semester and counting
Taught Supplemental instruction for 1 semester.
Shadowed 60 hrs (3 general, 1 ortho, 1 oral)

So, here's my massive list of schools and I was wonder what ones you believe to cross off and save a few bucks or two.

University of Minnesota
Creighton University (NE)
Marquette University (WI)
Arizona School of Denistry & Oral Health
University of Southern California
New York University
Temple University (PA)
University of Colorado
Boston University
Case Western Reserve University
University of Pittsburgh
Midwestern University
Nova Southeastern University
Tufts University
University of Pacific (3 yrs!)
Indiana University
New Jersey
University of Pennsylvania
Columbia University

(My dental school req book is in the mail)

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a pretty good list. Out of curiosity, what about medicine did you not like (it says you are pre-medical under your name)

Looks like a pretty good list. Out of curiosity, what about medicine did you not like (it says you are pre-medical under your name)

I've shadowed many physicians ranging from cardiologists, anthesiologists, internists. Once I shadowed a dentist, I knew it was me. Medicine is for certain people, for sure. I loved the aspect of the "you get to know your patients" insteading of literally running from point A and B. Also, there were some instances where we started at 7.15 and was suppose to end at 5.30.But, a patient came in at 5.20 and the day went late into the evening. (This is not my only reason, but I felt bad for the guy). Additionally, I enjoy the aspect of helping others smiles. I had some extreme dental work done by an orthodontist and was always impressed, too.

Thanks for the comments and question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adding University of Maryland to the list.

Thank you all

Any reason you're applying to USC, but not UCLA? This is obviously coming from a biased point of view haha, but just curious.

Any reason you're applying to USC, but not UCLA? This is obviously coming from a biased point of view haha, but just curious.

UCLA doesn't take many out-of-staters. I'll be removing Colorado

Your stats make me look very very bad. ahahahahaha :laugh:. you have Columbia and Penn, but no UCSF or Harvard?

u got pretty strong GPA, good luck on ur DAT.

UCLA doesn't take many out-of-staters. I'll be removing Colorado

I'm an out of stater from MEEEECHIGAN and I got in, so there's always a chance. Plus, you have good stats too!