Nov 29, 2010
Status
Medical Student
First time poster!

I'm a US-MSII and will be taking the boards in June with many of you I'm sure. In the Allopathic Medical school thread, there is a "sticky" section with good websites for medical students. I was wondering if this section could do the same with a "USMLE Step 1 Schedules" sticky. Thousands of users post their 230+ scores on this forum. Like many other students, I would love to know what their schedule was like to obtain their scores? Thanks!

SpartanBlueJay2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
OH
Status
Medical Student
Our school gave us a maximum of 8 weeks to study for step 1. I started studying on May 1 of this year, and took step 1 on June 18. Attached is my schedule for my first run-through of the material, which took me all of May. I spent June 1-17 doing a second run-through of the material. My score was a 257/99.View attachment step 1 study schedule.pdf

SeekerOfTheTree

10+ Year Member
May 8, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Spartan, what is your class standing? It would help to know if you are a genius who is at the top 10% or an average Joe in the middle if you would mind telling us.

Spartan, either come back with your whitecoat, or on it.

SpartanBlueJay2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
OH
Status
Medical Student
Spartan, what is your class standing? It would help to know if you are a genius who is at the top 10% or an average Joe in the middle if you would mind telling us.

Spartan, either come back with your whitecoat, or on it.
I don't know my exact class rank but I've earned honors in all my course work and clerkships up to this point, so I would guess I'm at least in the top 5% of my class.

DAKAZA

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I'm surprised that I can't find more sample step 1 study schedules on this site. I did a search but couldn't find anything. There must be a thread that I'm missing. Can anybody post a link?

Sep 9, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm surprised that I can't find more sample step 1 study schedules on this site. I did a search but couldn't find anything. There must be a thread that I'm missing. Can anybody post a link?
I was thinking the same thing...not sure if you found this link but it was sort of helpful...

forums.studentdoctor.net/​showthread.php?t=108020

turkeyjerky

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Here's the schedule I used. In addition, I spent a couple of days on biochem during spring break a month before my dedicated time. Didn't do any step 1-specific studying during the year, but use RR Path heavily during 2nd year. Was one of the top students in my class and scored 270 on step 1.

Attachments

Dec 27, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Our school gave us a maximum of 8 weeks to study for step 1. I started studying on May 1 of this year, and took step 1 on June 18. Attached is my schedule for my first run-through of the material, which took me all of May. I spent June 1-17 doing a second run-through of the material. My score was a 257/99.View attachment 15770
How long would you spend on the 40-60 pages you would read at 1 pm?

MQRaza

the chan-chan man
7+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I suppose everyone posts their schedules as part of their exam experience? maybe thats why there was no separate thread initiated.