List of tertiary care IM residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i_o

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a list of tertiary care IM residencies in the US. Going to a good tertiary care center is basically my only requirement to apply. Geographic location is no object. I know the big names like UTSW, UCLA, etc., but what about places like UNC, Baylor, Tufts? I've tried googling this but can't turn up a list. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a list of tertiary care IM residencies in the US. Going to a good tertiary care center is basically my only requirement to apply. Geographic location is no object. I know the big names like UTSW, UCLA, etc., but what about places like UNC, Baylor, Tufts? I've tried googling this but can't turn up a list. Cheers.

Consider University of Kentucky. It has high patient acuity (sickest patients in the country by several measures), great IM faculty and a great schedule (2mo+1mo). The program's advantages are overshadowed by its geographic location. Lexington is an expanding quiet college town with the UK/COM investing a lot into its infrastructure.

Consider some programs in Cleveland. CCF, Metrohealth and UH are all tertiary centers and mid-tier IM programs, each with its own unique patient census.