List of what will NOT be on the mcat.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reppin504

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for the MCAT for about a week and I'm overwhelmed by the insane amount of info my prep books say I should know. Like, I may be going crazy!! But in a last ditch effort to make this a little, tiny bit easier I'm wondering if anyone has compiled a list of what WON'T be on the exam. I saw one from two years ago but I'm not sure if the Aamc concepts list has been changed since then. I guess I might as well ask for a list of what definitely absolutely will be on the exam. Please! I'll take anything at this point. I'm on the verge of a meltdown!! I apologize if this has been asked before. Please reply with links if that is the case. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your question is more on the line of which topics will be high yield as opposed to the more rarely tested topics. I never really like that school of thought. I would say if it is on the AAMC topic list be prepared to answer such questions. For instance, some people may say there is no need to study physics or Organic Chemistry. However, some have found out the hard way that that is not exactly true. So here goes...

If you have not downloaded and read this document as yet, you can do so here (all these topics are essential to know)

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...27-631d2096c569/combined_mcat-content_new.pdf

However, someone else have taken the time to put the above topics in a much more useful format (at least more useful in my book), here it is:

Improved AAMC MCAT-2015 Topics List

Just open the attach document for a better topic list.

Bottom line, for best result do a ton of practice and be comfortable with all the topics on either of the above list. The latter may be a better (easier) organized list. I know that is not exactly your question, but...

Best of luck.