List/Powerpoint presentation of military match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kedhegard

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somebody posted a website that had a list or powerpoint presentation that gave the match rates and applicant ratios for various military med specialties a few months ago. Does anybody know where I can find it, or something similar having to do with the Navy? Thanks a lot.

Edit

If anybody knows of residencies that didn't fill last year (current interns or residents, or students with firsthand knowledge), could you reply and make a list for those of us going through the match right now?

I know for a fact that IM at BAMC didn't fill, per an intern friend of mine. Also, I was told by an intern at WRAMC that IM there didn't fill either.

I heard that Rads didn't fill last year. Is that true?

Any info would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

kedhegard said:
Somebody posted a website that had a list or powerpoint presentation that gave the match rates and applicant ratios for various military med specialties a few months ago. Does anybody know where I can find it, or something similar having to do with the Navy? Thanks a lot.

It was an army match list and it is on the army HPSP site, it didn't have Navy statistics.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only powerpoints w/ stats that I've seen are all complete bullsh*t anyway; very piss poor of the GME b*tch who put them together. The only way to get meaningful stats is to actually call janna cox (or whoever it was at gme) and ask. But I think they made it so you can't do that anymore.

kedhegard said:
I heard that Rads didn't fill last year. Is that true?

I don't know. However, I do know one guy who was a DO and applying for rads. He was hoping for a civilian deferrment, and hence didn't interview or rotate at any military programs. He matched at Walter Reed. The army is a small system, so variability like that happens pretty frequently.

Sledge2005 said:
I don't know. However, I do know one guy who was a DO and applying for rads. He was hoping for a civilian deferrment, and hence didn't interview or rotate at any military programs. He matched at Walter Reed. The army is a small system, so variability like that happens pretty frequently.

That's true about rads last year, although I think those slots will eventually get filled by unmatched interns/GMOs, etc. I think that was an anomaly though because I don't think that had happened in recent history and I definitely know that rads won't go unfilled this year.