list the scores and people can give some input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landakerjenna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my score for jan 2008 pcat is
verbal 40
biology 94
reading 13
math 83
chemistry 86
composite 70

my scores were preety good except for english :( :( I am really sad... u guys wanna give any input...
I had interview from PBA and will have an interview form NOVA this week.. still waiting to hear from UF.. I am very dishearted right now.. please give me some advice.

Members don't see this ad.

i just got my score and have never been so disappointed :(
i took the PCAt for the first time and here are my scores

Verbal 40
Biology 55
Reading 9
Quantitative 83
Chemistry 69
Composite 47 :eek:

writing 3,3

I have no idea even if i m going to get an inteview with these scores.. please help guys.... should i just stop thinking about getting into pharmacy

Yahooo.....I got my scored today...and I was like...yay...I got what I wanted....This is my third time for this test and I improve from 59->76->91..:D:D:DI am so happy

Verbal Ability 40 :oops:
Biology 83 :p
Reading 53 :oops:
Quantitative 97 :D
Chemistry 99 :D
Composite 91

writing 3/3

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got my score and have never been so disappointed :(
i took the PCAt for the first time and here are my scores

Verbal 40
Biology 55
Reading 9
Quantitative 83
Chemistry 69
Composite 47 :eek:

writing 3,3

I have no idea even if i m going to get an inteview with these scores.. please help guys.... should i just stop thinking about getting into pharmacy

Are you attempting to get into school Fall 08 or 09?

Honestly, I think your chances are slim for this fall at least for schools considering the PCAT. Often 50% is the bare minimum composite, but you'll want to get over a 70 to be competitive. However, you still have plenty of time to retake for Fall 09! Start studying NOW for the June test. Also, your reading score really stands out - did you feel like you struggled a lot or do you think you may have accidentally bubbled things in wrong?

There are lots of threads discussing methods on how to study for the PCAT. You might want to consider one of those PCAT prep courses. Also, look at your notes from old classes, get PCAT practice books, and use general subject review books (like Bio for Dummies, Cliffs Notes organic chem, AP calculus review, etc).

How did you study for this exam?

Verbal 76
Biology 90
Reading 84
Quantitative 31
Chemistry 79
Composite 79

Could have been better, Im not great at math, but Im happy with it.

Are you attempting to get into school Fall 08 or 09?

Honestly, I think your chances are slim for this fall at least for schools considering the PCAT. Often 50% is the bare minimum composite, but you'll want to get over a 70 to be competitive. However, you still have plenty of time to retake for Fall 09! Start studying NOW for the June test. Also, your reading score really stands out - did you feel like you struggled a lot or do you think you may have accidentally bubbled things in wrong?

How did you study for this exam?

i wanted to apply for fall 08 but i know its not going to happen now..
i have no idea what went wrong for the reading section..never expected a score so low
i did use a lot of books Kaplan, cliffs, flashcards, barrons..i dont understand what happened:confused:...also i had not taken ochem 2 and A&P 2 before the test
btw my GPA is 3.33 and i only applied to UNM as an instate student..i know that the minimum composite for UNM in 30% but that still does not mean that i will get an interview

i wanted to apply for fall 08 but i know its not going to happen now..
i have no idea what went wrong for the reading section..never expected a score so low
i did use a lot of books Kaplan, cliffs, flashcards, barrons..i dont understand what happened:confused:...also i had not taken ochem 2 and A&P 2 before the test
btw my GPA is 3.33 and i only applied to UNM as an instate student..i know that the minimum composite for UNM in 30% but that still does not mean that i will get an interview
For the chemistry section, you really only need Gen Chem 1+2, and the beginning of Orgo 1. Make sure you know your Gen Chem cold, review your notes from class. If you are like me and you took Gen Chem awhile ago (for me it was as AP in high school), retake the sequence to refresh your memory, it works wonders. For the Bio, you really only need Bio 1+2, Bio is a lot of memorization, which takes time. Your reading seems to be so low compared to your other scores that I would venture to say that you may have bubbling errors. Others would probably better advise you on this section, since it is my weakest section. Taking the exam a second time will show you that many questions are recycled in each section. I wouldn't take the exam again until you are confident that you know the material well. I took the test for the first time in June w/o orgo, A&P, and microbiology. I took it again in October with some Orgo 1 and A&P 1. You are going to have to prove that your first test was a "bad day" and that you retained the information taught in your prereqs. I wish you luck, you can do it.

For the chemistry section, you really only need Gen Chem 1+2, and the beginning of Orgo 1. Make sure you know your Gen Chem cold, review your notes from class. If you are like me and you took Gen Chem awhile ago (for me it was as AP in high school), retake the sequence to refresh your memory, it works wonders. For the Bio, you really only need Bio 1+2, Bio is a lot of memorization, which takes time. Your reading seems to be so low compared to your other scores that I would venture to say that you may have bubbling errors. Others would probably better advise you on this section, since it is my weakest section. Taking the exam a second time will show you that many questions are recycled in each section. I wouldn't take the exam again until you are confident that you know the material well. I took the test for the first time in June w/o orgo, A&P, and microbiology. I took it again in October with some Orgo 1 and A&P 1. You are going to have to prove that your first test was a "bad day" and that you retained the information taught in your prereqs. I wish you luck, you can do it.

Thanks i hope i do well on the next one..keeping my fingers crossed

and i did take gen chem a while ago as far as for bio it has always been my strongest area looks like i made some stupid mistakes and bubbling errors ...:(

Got my PCAT scores back today as well!
-------------------------->October -------->January
Verbal Ability------>392/ 3
8:eek:--------->399/ 50
Biology--------------->434/ 90:D--------->411/ 69:eek:
Reading Comp.--->393/ 39:eek:--------->406/ 60
Quantitative-------->405/ 62 ------------->433/ 9:D
Chemistry---------->411/ 70:)---------->431/ 89:D
Composite--------->407/ 64 ------------->416/ 79:cool:

Soooo close to the 80 mark. I improved on everything except biology, which I decreased in, and it's actually making me reeeeaally nervous. Anyway, despite that, I'm actually exceptionally happy with January's scores seeing as I took it while I had the flu. I'm trying to get into Orlando's campus at the University of Florida but I don't know. Things could go either way. I guess I'll have to just hope and pray they at least invite me for an interview so I can sway them into selecting me to join them. I know GPA, and PCAT scores have a weight on things, but I'm praying my essays, LOR, and research/extracurriculars let the adcom know I'm a wonderful candidate and so very passionate about pharmacy.

Well congratulations to all who have gotten their acceptance letters and/or the PCAT scores they wanted! To everyone else, keep your head in the game, cause it's not over yet :)

Hey guys,

my score for jan 2008 pcat is
verbal 40
biology 94
reading 13
math 83
chemistry 86
composite 70

my scores were preety good except for english :( :( I am really sad... u guys wanna give any input...
I had interview from PBA and will have an interview form NOVA this week.. still waiting to hear from UF.. I am very dishearted right now.. please give me some advice.

Sounds like you need to shine in your interviews. At least you are being given a chance to show yourself. That's the important thing.

Good luck. :luck: