General Admissions & OTCAS Listing a planned repeated prereq?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EsBeeOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again everybody!
I'm pretty good at navigating through OTCAS but I was curious about what some of you would do in my situation. I took general psych in my first semester at a community college and got a B-
I'm a much better student than that so I'm retaking it over winter session from the university I got my bachelors from to get an A and boost my prereq GPA. My question is: would you list the B- course to show that the prereq is completed then update OTCAS when I have my new grade?(although not sure I can edit assigned prereqs once apps are sent) Or would you list the not-yet-taken course showing that I plan on getting a better grade?
For the record, OTCAS doesn't count it as a repeated course since it's from a different school so no trouble there. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello again everybody!
I'm pretty good at navigating through OTCAS but I was curious about what some of you would do in my situation. I took general psych in my first semester at a community college and got a B-
I'm a much better student than that so I'm retaking it over winter session from the university I got my bachelors from to get an A and boost my prereq GPA. My question is: would you list the B- course to show that the prereq is completed then update OTCAS when I have my new grade?(although not sure I can edit assigned prereqs once apps are sent) Or would you list the not-yet-taken course showing that I plan on getting a better grade?
For the record, OTCAS doesn't count it as a repeated course since it's from a different school so no trouble there. Thanks in advance!

I retook one of my physics class. Honestly, it's better to list your current grade and then update it when you have your new grade. Chances are when you send in your transcript, your current grade will have already be on there. However, I not sure how yours will work because I retook my course in the summer and was able to put the new grade in before submitting my application.

I retook one of my physics class. Honestly, it's better to list your current grade and then update it when you have your new grade. Chances are when you send in your transcript, your current grade will have already be on there. However, I not sure how yours will work because I retook my course in the summer and was able to put the new grade in before submitting my application.
I didn't think this was going to be answered because it got buried lol. I chose to list the not yet taken class.. but you're right my transcript will show the already taken psych class if they're even looking for it. I was going to submit apps today but maybe I should wait and call OTCAS tomorrow and see what they say? I was going to call and ask about something else anyways. Probably the safest bet.