Listing an unofficial club as leadership on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormcloakdoctor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I apologize if this isn't the right forum. It's my first time using SDN.

So I initially wasn't considering listing this as one of my activities, but I'm still going to have around 4 activity sections empty. I know you don't need to fill them all out.

A buddy of mine and I cofounded a men's choir group with a few other friends, but not officially as a student organization with the university. We just all meet about once a month or so to sing some songs together acapella and hang out. It's something we do for fun with food and drink(no alcohol).

Would this be appropriate to list on AMCAS, and if so, is it necessary to add a reference contact? We didn't have any faculty mentor to help us, so not sure what I'd put in this part.

I would also be fine listing it as a hobby. What is the right thing to do for this activity?

Members don't see this ad.

So I initially wasn't considering listing this as one of my activities, but I'm still going to have around 4 activity sections empty. I know you don't need to fill them all out.

A buddy of mine and I cofounded a men's choir group with a few other friends, but not officially as a student organization with the university. We just all meet about once a month or so to sing some songs together acapella and hang out. It's something we do for fun with food and drink(no alcohol).

1) Would this be appropriate to list on AMCAS, and if so,
2) is it necessary to add a reference contact? We didn't have any faculty mentor to help us, so not sure what I'd put in this part.

I would also be fine listing it as a hobby. What is the right thing to do for this activity?
1) Yes, list it on AMCAS.
2) List it under Hobbies and you aren't required to give a Contact. Include the leadership role in the title of the space, as well as discussing it in the narrative.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Yes, list it on AMCAS.
2) List it under Hobbies and you aren't required to give a Contact. Include the leadership role in the title of the space, as well as discussing it in the narrative.

Thank you! I'll do that.