Listing Awards/Recognition/Extracurricular on the DO Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to properly list awards or recognition on the AACOMAS application? I received a specific award multiple times, does that mean that I have to list it for every instance that I received it or is there a place to explain what the rewards are and how many times they were received that I am not aware of? Please let me know, as I am really trying to polish this app. off tonight. :confused: I also have an award that's title is "Company Star Performer" that could use some explanation. Is there a place to comment like there was on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

FuturDoc said:
Does anyone know how to properly list awards or recognition on the AACOMAS application? I received a specific award multiple times, does that mean that I have to list it for every instance that I received it or is there a place to explain what the rewards are and how many times they were received that I am not aware of? Please let me know, as I am really trying to polish this app. off tonight. :confused: I also have an award that's title is "Company Star Performer" that could use some explanation. Is there a place to comment like there was on AMCAS?

For awards given multiple times, I think the general consensus is personal preference; if you want to list each one individually, then go ahead. Personally, I listed once and made reference to getting the award a couple of times (i.e. University research grant (2 years) - 2004).
As for expanding on your "Company Star Performer," I would say just put it down as is. This is something that would be elaborated upon during an interview if asked.
Hope this helps :D

I combined all academic awards into two spots and just listed them and who awarded them.

It's personal preference though, ultimately.