Listing class content???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F/A-18

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When entering the AMCAS data, I can't remember the exact content of a couple of classes. I know there was an overlap with some of my classes of health sciences with biology. What happens if you list it incorrectly, like call it health science and it was biology. Do you get in trouble?

Members don't see this ad.

Come on guys, I need some help!

As long as its not in a really different category, I don't believe that they check. Subtle differences in categorization shouldn't be an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't think you get "in trouble"... they might just mark an X in the "amcas corrected" column of your verified, printed application. i wouldn't worry about it too much... i had lots of X's on my AMCAS b/c the way my undergrad counts AP credits was not a way listed on AMCAS. if the listening class was a biology course (ie, you registered under the biology department), count it as biology. if not, count it as health science.

just use your best judgement. I had many classes that were a mix of biology and health professions, and I just classified them how I thought they should be. AMCAS agreed with me and left it alone.