1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Listing class content???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by F/A-18, Sep 2, 2002.

1. F/A-18

F/A-18 Membership Revoked
    Removed

When entering the AMCAS data, I can't remember the exact content of a couple of classes. I know there was an overlap with some of my classes of health sciences with biology. What happens if you list it incorrectly, like call it health science and it was biology. Do you get in trouble?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. F/A-18

Removed

Come on guys, I need some help!

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    As long as its not in a really different category, I don't believe that they check. Subtle differences in categorization shouldn't be an issue.

5. F/A-18

Removed

6. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i don't think you get "in trouble"... they might just mark an X in the "amcas corrected" column of your verified, printed application. i wouldn't worry about it too much... i had lots of X's on my AMCAS b/c the way my undergrad counts AP credits was not a way listed on AMCAS. if the listening class was a biology course (ie, you registered under the biology department), count it as biology. if not, count it as health science.

7. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    just use your best judgement. I had many classes that were a mix of biology and health professions, and I just classified them how I thought they should be. AMCAS agreed with me and left it alone.