Listing Courses in AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badooda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you list future courses in AMCAS that you won't be able to sign up for until August/Sept 2013? I was planning on taking biochem in the fall, but I won't be able to sign up for it untill Aug/Sept, so it's not on any of my transcripts.....should I still list it on AMCAS as a future course? Or it that going to be a problem during verification??

My other question is: I've taken 1 semester of English and 1 semester of a non-english class (listed as an anthropology class) that was writing intensive. It fulfilled the "English" requirement for my undergrad, and when I talked to med school reps, they said they would accept it too. How do I designate that the class was writing intensive and fulfills the English requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you list future courses in AMCAS that you won't be able to sign up for until August/Sept 2013? I was planning on taking biochem in the fall, but I won't be able to sign up for it untill Aug/Sept, so it's not on any of my transcripts.....should I still list it on AMCAS as a future course? Or it that going to be a problem during verification??

My other question is: I've taken 1 semester of English and 1 semester of a non-english class (listed as an anthropology class) that was writing intensive. It fulfilled the "English" requirement for my undergrad, and when I talked to med school reps, they said they would accept it too. How do I designate that the class was writing intensive and fulfills the English requirement?

It's pretty straightforward in the AMCAS app. Put what you know. If you can't confirm which classes you're going to take, they will just take you at your word. (i did this last year)