• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Listing expired research certifications and CPR certifications on my dental application

mattrex35

Oct 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
I have these two certifications that have long expired. Would it be wise to list them on my application as "other certifications?" I know I can leave the certification section blank, as it won't help or harm my application. But I feel like adding these two anyways. Any thoughts?

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dentist
Go for it if you want to put it in. To be honest, I don’t think they look at 90% of the stuff you put in your app anyways. Maybe some schools are more holistic, but not in my experience. In my interviews, besides my personal statement, it seemed like they were picking stuff from my app at random to talk to me about. So be able to speak to anything you put in your app, but don’t stress about if you think something “qualifies” or not.

Reactions: 1 user

mattrex35

Oct 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Go for it if you want to put it in. To be honest, I don’t think they look at 90% of the stuff you put in your app anyways. Maybe some schools are more holistic, but not in my experience. In my interviews, besides my personal statement, it seemed like they were picking stuff from my app at random to talk to me about. So be able to speak to anything you put in your app, but don’t stress about if you think something “qualifies” or not.
Thank you for your response! I really think what you said is going to be the case.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.