Listing expired research certifications and CPR certifications on my dental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattrex35

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have these two certifications that have long expired. Would it be wise to list them on my application as "other certifications?" I know I can leave the certification section blank, as it won't help or harm my application. But I feel like adding these two anyways. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Go for it if you want to put it in. To be honest, I don’t think they look at 90% of the stuff you put in your app anyways. Maybe some schools are more holistic, but not in my experience. In my interviews, besides my personal statement, it seemed like they were picking stuff from my app at random to talk to me about. So be able to speak to anything you put in your app, but don’t stress about if you think something “qualifies” or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Go for it if you want to put it in. To be honest, I don’t think they look at 90% of the stuff you put in your app anyways. Maybe some schools are more holistic, but not in my experience. In my interviews, besides my personal statement, it seemed like they were picking stuff from my app at random to talk to me about. So be able to speak to anything you put in your app, but don’t stress about if you think something “qualifies” or not.
Thank you for your response! I really think what you said is going to be the case.