Listing Honors/Awards as separate or in activity description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoxmaster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
--------------

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Personally, I would just list them together with the additional details in the activities section. From applying this cycle, I've realized that adcoms don't seem to care as long as you convey your message clearly. I actually abused the purpose of the "most meaningful experience" section somewhat for one of my activities by specifying one of my activities as published papers and listing additional publications under most meaningful (instead of describing the experience). I still received four T10 interviews and acceptance. Bottom line is, I don't think it'd matter too much either way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have received competitive grants/awards/etc. for projects that I have executed on. Do you feel it makes a big difference to list these separately as honors/awards vs listing them under the activity for which I received the funding?

Most of my grants etc. are for specific ventures with the funds being put towards that purpose. An analogous situation might be listing research grants under the research role itself vs as a separate entity if anyone has had success with one or the other.
I prefer to see awards, recognitions, grants, etc related to a project mentioned in the context that makes them more meaningful to the reader. Making a laundry list of all of them in one Awards space may not make that possible.

Reactions: 1 users