Listing parents' occupation and personal info on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viralhiker

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how I should be inputting my parents' information. My mother supported me as a single parent for my entire upbringing. My father, with whom I have had limited contact with for most of my life and a continued strained relationship, provided me no financial assistance outside of child support paid to my mother (FWIW we do not even share the same last name). That of course stopped when I turned 18. I highly doubt he would provide me any of the relevant information that many schools' secondaries ask for - income, occupation, graduation year, etc.

How should I go about addressing this situation on each secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

I am having trouble figuring out how I should be inputting my parents' information. My mother supported me as a single parent for my entire upbringing. My father, with whom I have had limited contact with for most of my life and a continued strained relationship, provided me no financial assistance outside of child support paid to my mother (FWIW we do not even share the same last name). That of course stopped when I turned 18. I highly doubt he would provide me any of the relevant information that many schools' secondaries ask for - income, occupation, graduation year, etc.

How should I go about addressing this situation on each secondary?

Honestly and genuinely on the impacts it had on you