1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Listing presentations you did not give in ERAS

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by ImgMD, Sep 8, 2001.

1. ImgMD

ImgMD Junior Member

Hi everyone! I had a quick question about the "publications" page of ERAS. I have projects which I have worked on -- and am the second author -- which have been presented in both oral & poster format. The problem is that the first author presented them! I worked pretty hard on these things, and would like to have them listed in ERAS. The problem is that there is no way that I see to indicate WHICH author was the presenter!! How do I get around this?? I want these things there, but at the same time do not want interviewers assuming that *I* made the presentation. If they question me about the presenting experience, the interview could go downhill in a hurry if they think I falsified my ERAS application.. :eek: Any help with this would be appreciated. I thought about putting a * next to the presenting author for each thing (I did present a couple of things) and maybe they could just figure it out?? Has anyone tried to enter something like this before? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I didnt think its really a big deal.

The Presenter does not hold any weight on a publication. The only thing that matters is if your name is one of the authors, and if its LEAD.

I think its ok to expand on what the role of your position is, but do that in the big white box in the "Research Experience" dept.

like : "I did blah-=blah at so and so universtity, where i assited Dr. Blah- de -blah in his research on so and so."
    that what i did
    :)

4. platinumdoc

platinumdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

You can write the authors names and identify them in parenthesis:

Doctor, Primary (Primary author, Presenter) and Doctor, Secondary (Secondary author).

Good luck with the match.