Listing Research experiences on CV and ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frogger27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you list each research experience individually on CV and ERAS. For instance, should these projects be listed separately if I worked on a systematic review with one physician and then a different project with the same physician..

I have a decent research CV that probably has ~15 or so different projects with ~40 pubs/abstract/presentations etc. I have compiled my research experiences by attending, but not sure if this is how it is typically done. Listing an individual research experience for each abstract/pub on my CV or ERAS sounds a little excessive.

How do people report these on their CV and is this different/same on ERAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I listed each project separately on both. I also listed both papers and posters on ERAS based on advice from my PD. I didn’t include abstracts.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it appropriate to include ALL posters and publications on a CV? For some people it would make for a very long CV, so just checking. I don't know if you want to try to keep the CV to x number of pages, generally?

Also, I have a bunch of abstracts. These are generally not included in a CV?

Members don't see this ad :)
For ERAS you should list all publications. If you presented the same posters/abstract at multiple conferences/meetings, the general wisdom is that you only include the largest conference.

Reactions: 1 user
You don’t put research experience on a physicians CV. Abstracts Can put them all early on, once you have a lot just put most significant, ones your first or last on or the most recent 15-20. I do the latter. Same true for Oral presentation.

Reactions: 1 user
Excessive is the name of the game, it's why there are absurd averages of 15-20 entries for competitive fields. Everyone lists everything as it's own entry - I'm talking EVERYTHING, even posters or abstracts that you were middle author on and never presented anywhere. Still goes on the list. The unfortunate reality is that glance value is very important and having a high volume of entries is key.

Reactions: 4 users
I’d go by PI, unless you’re limited by character count. Just because other people opt to be absurd and list a poster from high school science fair doesn’t mean you should. (Just the perspective of someone who was in non med research before medical school and opted for a non competitive speciality, so I’ve the least to gain from inflating my CV.