Nov 18, 2020
I am looking for any recommendation for books that talks about the psychology of Japanese. Japanese in Japan or Japanese who immigrated to U.S.

Books that perhaps explore the concept of shame and amae. I’ve already read “the anatomy of dependence” and was amazing and want to know if you have any recommendation.

Thank you so much!

Nov 1, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
Highly recommend "courage to be disliked" by Ichiro Kishimi, exploring the theories of Adler through a narrative between a student and disciple. It's not necessarily a "Self help" book, and it is written by Japanese authors, so I feel like they would have tailored it and discussed themes pertinent to the Japanese population.

"Over the course of five conversations, the philosopher helps his student to understand how each of us is able to determine the direction of our own life, free from the shackles of past traumas and the expectations of others."

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.