Little known, grade inflated school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elkoshi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about schools with bad grade inflation. For my B.A. I went to a school which for anonymity's sake I will merely say was similar to Touro in New York, but not even as good. The school is very small, poorly known, and has severe grade inflation. As such I graduated with a 4.0 without inordinate effort. This isn't to say everyone got free A's--I almost always outperformed the rest of my class--just that I don't think that I earned every A.

As I was a liberal arts major I haven't taken many prereq's yet, which I plan on doing at a CUNY school this coming year. My question is this: In order to be seriously considered by a medical school, should I try to get a second bachelors from CUNY, or would a high GPA in my prereq's alone be enough to prove that I can compete in a "real" school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question about schools with bad grade inflation. For my B.A. I went to a school which for anonymity's sake I will merely say was similar to Touro in New York, but not even as good. The school is very small, poorly known, and has severe grade inflation. As such I graduated with a 4.0 without inordinate effort. This isn't to say everyone got free A's--I almost also outperformed the rest of my class--just that I don't think that I earned every A.

As I was a liberal arts major I haven't taken many prereq's yet, which I plan on doing at a CUNY school this coming year. My question is this: In order to be seriously considered by a medical school, should I try to get a second bachelors from CUNY, or would a high GPA in my prereq's alone be enough to prove that I can compete in a "real" school?

They will look to your MCAT to prove your mettle, so at this point only take the prereqs and massacre the MCAT. Good luck.

yeah what did you get in your mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
In order to be seriously considered by a medical school, should I try to get a second bachelors from CUNY, or would a high GPA in my prereq's alone be enough to prove that I can compete in a "real" school?

Get straight As (or close to it) in the prerequisites and a great MCAT score to prove you "got" it, and you'll be fine (assuming appropriate extracurriculars, a great Personal Statement, excellent Letters of Recommendation, and good interview skills, of course).