Littmann Lightweight II SE vs Littmann Cardiology III vs Littmann Classic III

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameWasUsed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this is the right place... Anyways, I'm looking to buy a steth on amazon. Would really like your opinions on which one. I personally rather purchase the least expensive one because I've heard it will get the job done just fine, however, the faculty recommends cardiology III. What do you guys think? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.c...=litman,aps,235

Members don't see this ad.

I like the one that goes "Lub-dub" when you put it over the heart.

But in all seriousness, buy whichever you prefer and within your budget. Just remember, that if you are in the hospital and the patient is on "contact-precautions" the stethoscope you use will likely be the Tyco-brand plastic one the hospital provides. In fact, I haven't used my own stethoscope in ~10 years.

Reactions: 1 users
Get an ADC Adscope cardiology 600. It's better than the Littmann cardio III and for way less money too.

Members don't see this ad :)
For just a bit more than the price of the littmann master cardiology scope you can buy a cardiologist from a third world country and just have them with you to do all your cardiac exams

go the distance

Reactions: 4 users
Classic III is good enough for the ER and for med school. Cardiology IV / III is good but not by that much that's why all cardiologists are going digital now those are the real deal.

Get an ADC Adscope cardiology 600. It's better than the Littmann cardio III and for way less money too.
I think I have the same one. I have an ADC that looks identical to the Littmann cardiology and it has served me well. Definitely recommend, it's a great value for the price IMHO.

You can't go wrong buying the Cardiology III since everyone and their grandmother has it, but I see classic III's and even Littman Lightweights a fair amount. Students who bought the $20-$30 cheapos have had weird problems like losing diaphragms, tubing separating, etc.