Program-Specific Info / Q's LIU Brooklyn Class of 2023 OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecbuck20

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted at LIU Brooklyn for the BS/MS program in OT. I was wondering if anyone else was accepted, or if any students who are currently in the program can tell me a little more about it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted at LIU Brooklyn for the BS/MS program in OT. I was wondering if anyone else was accepted, or if any students who are currently in the program can tell me a little more about it!
Hey I was also accepted!

Hi, I'm currently a first year student in the OT program at LIU. Things are pretty different and total left field right now because of the pandemic obviously, so we have classes on Zoom, and it's pretty frustrating but I will tell you that the program is very doable. I never perceived it as graduate level for the first two semesters actually, especially if you already have a degree coming into the program. Neuroscience was definitely the hardest for the fall semester. There were 4 people that were "dropped" from the program in my year after neuro. It's hard but the professor is great, though he teaches very slow. It's definitely a class you have to put in work to.
In terms of the Fall semester, there were six courses (lectures), with three labs/seminars. I personally think they do this as a way of weeding people out, so definitely give it your all and do the very best that you can the first semester because it does get easier. The spring semester was way more doable. We had six courses again with two anatomy labs (palpation and cadaver) and two (?) other seminars. It was so much easier compared to the fall. Generally, the days were shorter and the content was much easier to learn (unless you're bad with memorization).
The year above us are very friendly and very helpful with providing advice and tips that helped us succeed so that's a bonus and we definitely will be as well for your year (granted that we are back on campus by the time you start). The program is literally one single floor of a building with like 5 different classrooms SO not much to do but to get to know the people around you!
Feel free to message me with any other questions/concerns you have.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Can anyone talk about the interview they had here, as well has how any acceptance/ rejections came to you? I have an interview this week and I’m looking forward to it, but obviously nervous.

I did too!! Do you know if anyone has made a FB group yet? Have your received your welcome packet? Still waiting on mine
I think I am going to make a FB page so we can all connect. LIU MSOT class of 2024.

Reactions: 1 user