Program-Specific Info / Q's LIU Interview on 1/28/18! Any tips? Experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTwannabe2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have scheduled my interview date for the LIU OT program for 1/28/18, I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed for the program before had any tips? What was the interview format / specific questions they asked? I need all the help I can get!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No i've never been to a group interview! I've been accepted to NYIT - wbu?
me too. interviewed at downstate two days ago but don't feel too good about that interview. it was my top school so I'm bummed about it

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back?

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back?
I had an interview on the 28th at LIU as well and was told that I would hear back from them within 3-5 weeks.

I got accepted on the 9th but haven't received my official acceptance in the mail yet. Has anyone been offered a scholarship or know what the tuition ends up being?

I got accepted on the 9th but haven't received my official acceptance in the mail yet. Has anyone been offered a scholarship or know what the tuition ends up being?
I haven't received anything in the mail yet either. I think they said this week

Hey everyone I have scheduled my interview date for the LIU OT program for 1/28/18, I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed for the program before had any tips? What was the interview format / specific questions they asked? I need all the help I can get!
Hi I was just curious if you have heard back yet?

Hi I was just curious if you have heard back yet?

I actually ended up declining the interview the day before, I found out the 150k cost was not worth it to me compared to any other OT school being 80-100k. Also, I didn't like that you got a BS and MS which equaled to 120+ credits compared to other OT programs only being 80 credits.

I hadn't looked into all of that, thank you for the information. I haven't heard back yet which is making me kind of anxious...I would just like to know either way at this point.