1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LIU, MCPHS, or USP: Which is Best???

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by icarus2005, Nov 29, 2005.

1. icarus2005

icarus2005 PharmD Dreamer

Hi. I'm applying as a first year to the PharmD programs at Long Island Univ., Mass College of Pharmacy, and the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Does anyone here have suggestions about which one you think if most worth going to in terms of reputation, resources, and diversity??? :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

They are all really great schools. Size wise, LIU and MCPHS-Boston are both way bigger than USP. I've spent some time in Philly and I absolutely love where USP is. Its located right by the University of Pennsylvania, which is huge and in a really fun area. I would recommend visiting all 3 schools before you make a decision though. All of them have a lot to offer and have great reputations.

4. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are you a transfer student? If so, USP will be extremely hard to get into because they only accept a few transfers if any. I've called them a couple of times and they said they might not have any spots for transfers left and they will only consider you after all of the possible spots for high school graduates have been taken. I was interested in the school too but now it looks like my chances are slim if any. I've heard Long Island has a similar way of treating transfers but I didn't apply there so you might want to check just to be sure.

Stephie

5. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Good point. Did you mean you will be applying out of highschool (with no college credit) or as a 1st year professional student?

6. kellia

kellia aspiring pharmacist
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    same with liu... very very small number of transfers. they said less than 2%.

7. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm applying as a transfer student into the professional part of the program. They didn't seem too encouraging to me on the phone though...

Stephie