LIU, MCPHS, or USP: Which is Best???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icarus2005

PharmD Dreamer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm applying as a first year to the PharmD programs at Long Island Univ., Mass College of Pharmacy, and the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Does anyone here have suggestions about which one you think if most worth going to in terms of reputation, resources, and diversity??? :)

Members don't see this ad.

icarus2005 said:
Hi. I'm applying as a first year to the PharmD programs at Long Island Univ., Mass College of Pharmacy, and the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Does anyone here have suggestions about which one you think if most worth going to in terms of reputation, resources, and diversity??? :)

They are all really great schools. Size wise, LIU and MCPHS-Boston are both way bigger than USP. I've spent some time in Philly and I absolutely love where USP is. Its located right by the University of Pennsylvania, which is huge and in a really fun area. I would recommend visiting all 3 schools before you make a decision though. All of them have a lot to offer and have great reputations.

icarus2005 said:

Are you a transfer student? If so, USP will be extremely hard to get into because they only accept a few transfers if any. I've called them a couple of times and they said they might not have any spots for transfers left and they will only consider you after all of the possible spots for high school graduates have been taken. I was interested in the school too but now it looks like my chances are slim if any. I've heard Long Island has a similar way of treating transfers but I didn't apply there so you might want to check just to be sure.

Stephie

Members don't see this ad :)
Stephie said:
Are you a transfer student? If so, USP will be extremely hard to get into because they only accept a few transfers if any. I've called them a couple of times and they said they might not have any spots for transfers left and they will only consider you after all of the possible spots for high school graduates have been taken. I was interested in the school too but now it looks like my chances are slim if any. I've heard Long Island has a similar way of treating transfers but I didn't apply there so you might want to check just to be sure.

Stephie

Good point. Did you mean you will be applying out of highschool (with no college credit) or as a 1st year professional student?

Stephie said:

Stephie
same with liu... very very small number of transfers. they said less than 2%.

calrx said:
Good point. Did you mean you will be applying out of highschool (with no college credit) or as a 1st year professional student?

I'm applying as a transfer student into the professional part of the program. They didn't seem too encouraging to me on the phone though...

Stephie