LIU Pharmacy Class of 2021.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Sorry, you all probably have seen a million of these posts so far; but im a bit concerned about my chances here. I am looking to transfer from a community college, where i achieved a 3.3 GPA. After this semester, I will have 97.5 college credits, will be graduating with a A.S in biology, and scored a 404 on the PCAT (51 percentile) with a 4 on the writing part. I have never dropped or failed a class, or achieved a grade lower than a C. Normally i would believe i am a reasonably competitive applicant however i have not finished my pre reqs, and only submitted my application yesterday. Currently, i am taking A&P I, Organic chemistry I, Psychology, and microbiology. I am planning on finishing the last two classes i will need (A&P II and Organic Chemistry II) over the summer. I spoke with Vincent Tepedino at the admissions office(who no longer works there, great right) and he told me that i could finish my classes as i am and it wouldn't be a big problem, and he saw me as a competitive applicant. However, i really think the whole uncompleted pre reqs is a huge turn off for them. Can anyone share any experience with this situation at all?
Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They consider applicants with finished pre req course work first but I'm sure you are fine . Call admissions speak to Thea and she can probably tell you if you can finish those up by summer 1 semester

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks man, I will be finishing my major in spring 2018. I will be shadowing pharmacists at a hospital soon, and hopefully getting some research in this summer/fall semester.

I'm a transfer and got in. GPA 3.7 pcat 413. I got my bachelors in biomedical science. no research. I took 2 gap years. Less than 6 months of pharm tech experience. I think you'll be fine. Just have everything to submit to pharmcas before the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just curious how long did pharmcas take to receive your transcripts after you sent them? Mine are being sent from long island and i sent it out on the 16th, what are the chances they receive it before march first?

Hey guys, just curious how long did pharmcas take to receive your transcripts after you sent them? Mine are being sent from long island and i sent it out on the 16th, what are the chances they receive it before march first?
I ordered from school on 01/09. School sent it on 01/17 from Brooklyn. Pharmcas received on 01/25.
I think you are ok for now!
02/07 was verified.

I ordered from school on 01/09. School sent it on 01/17 from Brooklyn. Pharmcas received on 01/25.
I think you are ok for now!
02/07 was verified.
Thank you! i am just getting worried because the deadline is in a few days and pharmcas says it still has not received my transcript

I'm a transfer and got in. GPA 3.7 pcat 413. I got my bachelors in biomedical science. no research. I took 2 gap years. Less than 6 months of pharm tech experience. I think you'll be fine. Just have everything to submit to pharmcas before the deadline.
Where did you plan on going? Did you get into LIU?

Be yourself . Group exercise and group interview . For the exercise think out the box, make yourself heard, remember you're in group take into account their opinions. For the interview . They are simple questions. Be straight to the point no need to give a 20 min story and still not answer the question. And listen to the questions!!! Some people just answered one part and that's it . Keep calm you'll do great and get in I'll see you in August my friend .

Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted yesterday :) see you guys in the fall !

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted, weighing my options I also got into 3 other schools and a few more interviews. As a native New Yorker in leaning towards going away and getting more life experience.

I was accepted, weighing my options I also got into 3 other schools and a few more interviews. As a native New Yorker in leaning towards going away and getting more life experience.

I went away for undergrad. It's def the best experience you can have. If you have the chance to go away, DO IT! No regrets. Once you start working, youll be tied down to one place for a long time.....

Heyy guys I just wanted to know I have been accepted into the program. yay! and I did my drug test already but do you guys know when we pay the deposit to confirm our seat because I don't think I received an email for that, thanks!

Has anyone who applied right before the deadline heard back from them yet? Im still waiting to see if i was invited for an interview

Last edited:
I have an interview coming up. Does anyone have any advice or heads up before I go? I'm really nervous because I have done a lot of pharmacy school interview, but this is going to be my first group interview.

Aki, don't be nervous for the interview, the interviewers are very kind and understanding. do expect to be there around 9 am to 4 pm I believe. Just be yourself and it will honestly fly by. They ask around an average of 5-6 questions. They're nothing out of the unusual, they are common interview questions, like why our school, how you study, why pharmacy, what would you do if your friend cheated off of you, and etc

Hey,
I just had the interview this past Friday and was wondering how the accepting rate is for the third set of interviews (march interviews). I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected from the first two so I was just a bit curious. I did pretty well but doesn't hurt to get some more information .

So far the people that I knew that were interviewed with me were accepted in february and we heard back within a week. So make sure to check your email sometime first week of april

Can confirm I was at the 3/24 interview and got accepted 2 days ago as well as one of my friends

Hey guys, congrats on ur acceptances!!. I have a weird question, i'm kinda stuck between choosing between LIU and University of Maryland. Any comments ? The ultimate question im asking here is, whether the Pharmacy school ranking matter? As for LIU (#76 rank) and Maryland (# 9rank ). I would really appreciate any comments. sanku!

Since you're accepted I would really consider the tuition. compare both schools. But if you have the money I would go with Maryland since they are higher in rank and that school might have a lot of connections with the pharmacy world.

Hey guys, congrats on ur acceptances!!. I have a weird question, i'm kinda stuck between choosing between LIU and University of Maryland. Any comments ? The ultimate question im asking here is, whether the Pharmacy school ranking matter? As for LIU (#76 rank) and Maryland (# 9rank ). I would really appreciate any comments. sanku!
i chose LIU bc i already went away for undergrad and have so much debt D: but def consider the tuition costs. if you're going away you have to take into account living expenses, food, car, etc. if you're in a dorm it'll be more expensive but worth it if you don't have a car or a place to live with family members or someone who can provide very cheap off campus housing. to me personally, rank doesn't matter. regardless if you go to harvard or a SUNY school, a Bachelors is a Bachelors and a PharmD is a PharmD anywhere you go. Now, if you'd like to do more prestigious things with your degree like work for a huge pharmaceutical corporation or go into pharmaceutical research, i would say maybe ranking would be considered in terms of job application. however, if you're looking to work in a hospital or in retail, i don't think ranking really matters.