LIU vs SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetglo

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone has advice on choosing between LIU and SGU. Cost is slightly less at SGU and it is a known program that has got NAVLE rates to compare to other schools versus LIU which is brand new, but much closer to home. On the waitlist for my IS and if I get off it I would definitely choose my IS. Advice from the hive mind?

Members don't see this ad.

Given the economic uncertainty at the moment, there is no way I would even consider going to a more expensive school - ESPECIALLY one that has never graduated a class before. Way too big of a risk when you have at least one other option on the table.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks. I’m leaning in that direction but also worried about getting overseas right now. Any SGU students who have advice on how travel to/from the island is going?

Hey vetglo! I am a current student at SGU and stayed here in Grenada during this COVID-19 pandemic. Right now we are taking classes and labs online and I, for one, feel very supported by our teachers. Grenada has taken the current pandemic very seriously as well, so overall I am really impressed by the level of education and support down here. Traveling here isn't a huge deal, you just hop on the plane and you're here! Idk how this next semester will go but I am hoping we will be back to campus! Good luck and if you need any questions answered don't hesitate to ask!

Reactions: 1 user