Living Arrangements for next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are settled on a school, who are you planning to live with next year? I have been accepted to one school in Boston (my hometown), so hypothetically, I could stay in my current apartment in Watertown....advantages, cheap rent ($525 per person), good living situation (my roommate is pretty quiet, neat), no move (this is a big one!)...but disadvantages include a longish commute to school on two different bus lines (at least 45 minutes), not living w/ medical students (I've heard it's really hard to live w/ people that don't understand your hellish schedule), being far away from campus events, etc.

Curious to see what others' thoughts are on this? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

kc123 said:
If you are settled on a school, who are you planning to live with next year? I have been accepted to one school in Boston (my hometown), so hypothetically, I could stay in my current apartment in Watertown....advantages, cheap rent ($525 per person), good living situation (my roommate is pretty quiet, neat), no move (this is a big one!)...but disadvantages include a longish commute to school on two different bus lines (at least 45 minutes), not living w/ medical students (I've heard it's really hard to live w/ people that don't understand your hellish schedule), being far away from campus events, etc.

Curious to see what others' thoughts are on this? Thanks!!

I think it would be nice to live a little ways away and get away from the entire atmosohere when you want to. If you already feel comfortable where you are then you should stay there, but if it will add more stress into your life by communting then you should make the move to a closer location.