Living arrangements in Baltimore for Johns Hopkins students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownnbluemoons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering where you are planning to live in Baltimore or if you have any suggestions or things you have heard about places to live? I have heard that Charles Village, Mount Vernon, and Fells Point are good options, but since I live far, and know little about the areas, I'd like to hear your experiences and process in finding a place for next year:). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! I actually just went down to Baltimore last week, and also know a couple of people who went to Hopkins. Here are their recommendations for places to live:

Canton: lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, nice rowhomes, near the water

Fell's Point: lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, smaller than Canton so less available housing, Whole Foods and boutiques closeby

Federal Hill/Locust Point: slightly farther from JH Medical Campus, lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, close to sports stadiums (baseball and football), difficult parking

Mt. Vernon: lots of young professionals and college kids, more eclectic crowd (gay/lesbian friendly), more multicultural restaurants, more mature/casual nightlife

Hope this helps! :)

Hey there! I actually just went down to Baltimore last week, and also know a couple of people who went to Hopkins. Here are their recommendations for places to live:

Canton: lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, nice rowhomes, near the water

Fell's Point: lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, smaller than Canton so less available housing, Whole Foods and boutiques closeby

Federal Hill/Locust Point: slightly farther from JH Medical Campus, lots of young professionals and college kids, fun nightlife, good restaurants, close to sports stadiums (baseball and football), difficult parking

Mt. Vernon: lots of young professionals and college kids, more eclectic crowd (gay/lesbian friendly), more multicultural restaurants, more mature/casual nightlife

Hope this helps! :)

this is spot on... i work downtown baltimore.... give it a go

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just in Baltimore this weekend. I'd add that Mt. Vernon and Charles Village are the best options if you don't have a car. The most frequent free shuttles run between these two neighborhoods and the school. Fells Point and Canton were lovely but less convenient. Or at least that was the impression I got, guess it's hard to know til you live there!