Living expenses in Grenada, St Kitts, or Cayman Islands

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FatPalomino

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can students who are at SGU, SMU, or Ross let me know what the expected cost of living is there? Ross is $35000-$40K more in tuiton than GSU and SMU.

SMU is my first choice but I can't find info on the Cayman Islands rental prices. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a student at SMU in Grand Cayman. While our tuition is cheaper, the cost of living on this island is dramatically higher than St. Kitts or Grenada. I pay 1600 US per month for an ugly studio apartment, but utilities are included. That may sound high, but it's actually a reasonable price.

The veterinary school is unfortunately located in the most expensive area of the island, but it is possible that the school will be moving out to the east end of the island where our surgical facility is (much cheaper out there). But that won't happen for a while.

If you get a roommate or two you can get a pretty nice place for around 1200 US.

Also, 1 US dollar only gets you 80 cents CI. So the exchange rate alone hits you hard.

Feel free to email me with any questions.