Living in LA vs. SF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chomper

I heart dentistry
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do you think it is better to live while attending D-school (consider the school experience as well):
1. In Pacific Heights in San Francisco and attend UOP?
2. In the Sunset in San Francisco and attend UCSF?
3. In Westwood/Brentwood in LA and attend UCLA?

I just can't seem to make up my mind b/w these 3 school...

Members don't see this ad.

Where do you think it is better to live while attending D-school (consider the school experience as well):
1. In Pacific Heights in San Francisco and attend UOP?
2. In the Sunset in San Francisco and attend UCSF?
3. In Westwood/Brentwood in LA and attend UCLA?

I just can't seem to make up my mind b/w these 3 school...

that is a tough choice!!!

I guess it depends on if you want your school to be kinda isolated or not. UCLA is like in the heart of westwood, so you can walk and get to a bunch of places. I thought it was really cute. I woul choose SF over LA, but its just because of family. If i lived in LA, i would definetely go to UCLA. UCSF was kinda in the middle of a residential area. You would have to take the muni to get anywhere. WHere do you see yourself, as SF is like the opposite of LA. I dont know about UOP...I didnt even get an interview =( but I would have gone there in a heartbeat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never said I was holding 3 spots. I post to get peoples' opinions and experiences with LA and SF. Chill out!

I would choose SF over LA. SF is beautiful, it doesnt have as much smog, and you are closer to the mountains.

I lived in SF growing up, and moved to LA, and let me tell you....PICK LA.........LOS ANGELES. Nice weather, beautiful people, nicer places to live, parking lot at school, LA!!!!

LA definitelyl has better weather than SF.

However, I seem to like the culture of SF. It reminds me of the East Coast in some sort of way (guess the coble stone streets).

SF also has a better transportation system, the BART, where as in LA, you'll definitely need a car to move around. And LA traffic is HORRIBLE. I used to attend college in LA, and eck....I just can't stand LA.

I lived in SF growing up, and moved to LA, and let me tell you....PICK LA.........LOS ANGELES. Nice weather, beautiful people, nicer places to live, parking lot at school, LA!!!!

werd :thumbup: