• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

chomper

I heart dentistry
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Where do you think it is better to live while attending D-school (consider the school experience as well):
1. In Pacific Heights in San Francisco and attend UOP?
2. In the Sunset in San Francisco and attend UCSF?
3. In Westwood/Brentwood in LA and attend UCLA?

I just can't seem to make up my mind b/w these 3 school...

dentalwannabee

busy bee
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Where do you think it is better to live while attending D-school (consider the school experience as well):
1. In Pacific Heights in San Francisco and attend UOP?
2. In the Sunset in San Francisco and attend UCSF?
3. In Westwood/Brentwood in LA and attend UCLA?

I just can't seem to make up my mind b/w these 3 school...

that is a tough choice!!!

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I guess it depends on if you want your school to be kinda isolated or not. UCLA is like in the heart of westwood, so you can walk and get to a bunch of places. I thought it was really cute. I woul choose SF over LA, but its just because of family. If i lived in LA, i would definetely go to UCLA. UCSF was kinda in the middle of a residential area. You would have to take the muni to get anywhere. WHere do you see yourself, as SF is like the opposite of LA. I dont know about UOP...I didnt even get an interview =( but I would have gone there in a heartbeat.

About the Ads

PChemGrad

I am a banana.
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I never said I was holding 3 spots. I post to get peoples' opinions and experiences with LA and SF. Chill out!

I would choose SF over LA. SF is beautiful, it doesnt have as much smog, and you are closer to the mountains.

dntlnerd

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I lived in SF growing up, and moved to LA, and let me tell you....PICK LA.........LOS ANGELES. Nice weather, beautiful people, nicer places to live, parking lot at school, LA!!!!

KahunaDentist

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Kahoolawe, HI yanking out people's teeth with my h
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
LA definitelyl has better weather than SF.

However, I seem to like the culture of SF. It reminds me of the East Coast in some sort of way (guess the coble stone streets).

SF also has a better transportation system, the BART, where as in LA, you'll definitely need a car to move around. And LA traffic is HORRIBLE. I used to attend college in LA, and eck....I just can't stand LA.

bruinpredent

UCLA School of Dentistry
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I lived in SF growing up, and moved to LA, and let me tell you....PICK LA.........LOS ANGELES. Nice weather, beautiful people, nicer places to live, parking lot at school, LA!!!!

werd :thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.