Living in Philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grizz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone else is asking about places to live so I thought I would join in the action. I'll be at PCOM in the fall and was wondering if anyone had some names of apartment complexes there that are nice but affordable. I heard Manayunk and Roxborough are nice places but don't know of any apartment names there. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

My brother and I found a place in East Falls. There are some openings in a few apartment complexes near us. "Hawthorne Place" is the only one that comes to mind. I am sure there are others on School House Road. Though it is a bit of a drive to PCOM, it is a little less expensive and located in a nice area.

See ya in the fall.......

------------------

Keneth C.Plowey (PCOM '03)
[email protected]

I just moved out of Presidential City Apts(4 apt. buildings on Pres. Blvd/15 min walk to school/$1300 for 3bedrms-2bathrms/great if you plan to have roommates). Some classmates lived at Duffield House (apt complex on Conshohocken Ave/15 min walk/~$550 for 1bedrm), Imperial Towers(across the st. from Duffield), GreenBriar Apts.(only a few stories high/on Conshohocken/13 min walk), Lincoln Green Apts(pricey!! 'cuz it's brand new and has a nice pool and gym/right across from Presidential and behind the 2 hotels/2 stories high). There are a few more on Conshohocken and on Ford Road..I can't remember the names..but if you can get to PCOM on a weekday, the student affairs office has a few Apt. guidebooks with prices, and lots of forms filled out by students/others..looking for roommates, or looking to sublet. If you can only get to PCOM on a weekend day, then the lobby security guard can show you the housing book of postings..I'm not sure if it's as up-to-date though. Kenny mentioned Roxborough..my friend likes it there. Manayunk is a hip place..PCOM students like to dine and party there. I don't know how it is to live there. I'm also looking for a place for August. Hope everything works out well for you!