Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Living in Philly

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Grizz, Jun 3, 1999.

1. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Everyone else is asking about places to live so I thought I would join in the action. I'll be at PCOM in the fall and was wondering if anyone had some names of apartment complexes there that are nice but affordable. I heard Manayunk and Roxborough are nice places but don't know of any apartment names there. Thanks for the help.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KennyP

KennyP Junior Member

My brother and I found a place in East Falls. There are some openings in a few apartment complexes near us. "Hawthorne Place" is the only one that comes to mind. I am sure there are others on School House Road. Though it is a bit of a drive to PCOM, it is a little less expensive and located in a nice area.

See ya in the fall.......

------------------

Keneth C.Plowey (PCOM '03)
    [email protected]

4. Macie

Macie New Member

I just moved out of Presidential City Apts(4 apt. buildings on Pres. Blvd/15 min walk to school/$1300 for 3bedrms-2bathrms/great if you plan to have roommates). Some classmates lived at Duffield House (apt complex on Conshohocken Ave/15 min walk/~$550 for 1bedrm), Imperial Towers(across the st. from Duffield), GreenBriar Apts.(only a few stories high/on Conshohocken/13 min walk), Lincoln Green Apts(pricey!! 'cuz it's brand new and has a nice pool and gym/right across from Presidential and behind the 2 hotels/2 stories high). There are a few more on Conshohocken and on Ford Road..I can't remember the names..but if you can get to PCOM on a weekday, the student affairs office has a few Apt. guidebooks with prices, and lots of forms filled out by students/others..looking for roommates, or looking to sublet. If you can only get to PCOM on a weekend day, then the lobby security guard can show you the housing book of postings..I'm not sure if it's as up-to-date though. Kenny mentioned Roxborough..my friend likes it there. Manayunk is a hip place..PCOM students like to dine and party there. I don't know how it is to live there. I'm also looking for a place for August. Hope everything works out well for you!